PDA

View Full Version : Help 3rd Party Apps Not Working

jb12272
06-06-2005, 07:47 AM
Here are the basics. I have a 7100t running OS 4.0 through T-Mobile. Up until a day ago I had one SIM in the device and ran both Verichat and Bbspell without any problems. I had the APN settings (i.e. wap.voicestream.com, username and password) configured to that SIM’s account.

I finally decided to consolidate phone and BB. I added BB service to the SIM that was just used as a phone (also a T Mobile account) and popped it into the current 7100t. Email and web browsing occurred almost immediately. However, with the old SIM all the 3rd party apps ran fine, the new SIM they don’t work at all. I updated the APN info to accommodate for new passwords connected with the new SIM however I can’t get Verichat or BBspell to connect. Verichat just goes on and on trying to connect and BBspell gives me an error message “unable to open connection”.

That said I called T Mobile, spoke to the BB support group and they told me that you are not supposed to enter any info in the APN user name and password (I find this strange as I had that info entered with the old SIM and it worked fine—incidentally the support rep told me that was impossible). I tried it without username and SIM (still didn’t work).

Can anyone help me here? To recap same device, same pin, same service provider—new SIM from same provider—no 3rd party apps working?

Thanks!!

jb12272
06-06-2005, 08:07 AM
I am thinking that maybe I have the wrong username and password for my APN settings. The username I am using is the Tel Number and the Password is the password I use to access the TMO website. Is this wrong? suggestions?