PDA

View Full Version : help 0n 7520 with nextel

steveg123
09-27-2007, 04:38 PM
hi - I have a 7520 that I purchased from my friend and I would like to know how to set up email. I have a nextel data plan because I use Navtrans (which I love) and have questions:

do I need a browser program, and which one works with nextel. I do not have one installed on this unit?

do i need a seperate internet plan for nextel? I have just the data plan?

do i need a seperate plan for email?

and finally, what is enterprise (this is installed) and do i need it?

i can't recieve text messages either. what do i need for this?

thank you so much.... any info, downloads, anything... would help
you can see i'm a rookie at this.

-steve

juwaack68
09-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Hi, and welcome to the forums.

You need to make sure you have a Blackberry data plan, not a 'regular' data plan. This will give you the Internet Browser icon and allow you to set up your email via the BIS website, found here:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprint&locale=en

You do not need the Enterprise Activation unless you will be connecting to a corporate BES server.

You may need a special plan or features for text messaging.

Check out the BBFAQ in my signature for lots of good info.

steveg123
09-27-2007, 08:14 PM
thanks for this info -

when I enter my pin and imei (i guess that's the esn?) i get a en error that states " an account already exists for that pin" - i bought this BB personally and does this mean that the prev. owner had an acct? if so, how to I reset that? it this correct to assume.

many thanks

-steve

juwaack68
09-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Sounds like whoever used to have it never removed their BIS account. You can try to contact them (if you know who he is). Otherwise you can try contacting Sprint/Nextel to see if they can release the PIN.