PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry Pearl...Help, Please????

Peachy1
09-27-2007, 07:35 PM
First, let me start by saying I don't even know if I am using this site correctly because I am not very good at this. However, I need help and I think I am at least posting to something! I have had a Pearl for about 3 weeks now. Everything was going okay...I needed access to AOL instant messenger. I called technical and they had me go through MediaNet, Mobile IM, and then download OZ Mail something or other. Then on the main screen I had the two-little-people icon; pressed that and I had my choices and everything was fine...got on AOL, Yahoo IM -- beautiful. Now when I hit the little people today I received this message "Uncaught exception 0>=0" I called technical and was on the phone FOREVER and no one can help me. They had me delete the application restart, bla bla bla and nothing. They want to erase everything and start over. The only thing I did recently was a sync with Outlook. I have no idea what to do now. Can anyone help this middle-aged mom?? Thanks very much!

zero7404
09-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Wirelessly posted (8100: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

You might be better off erasing all the i'm apps you downloaded.
Exceptions on BBs usually come from crappy 3rd party apps like those because OEM BB software is solid as a rock.

Which service provider do u use ?
With tmo, they give OZ i'm, which i haven't had a problem with on my pearl.

Also, you may want to check for the latest BB os and get it. i think its still tmo that has it, and it comes with OZ

Peachy1
09-27-2007, 11:48 PM
I have absolutely no idea what any of this means. I am very very new to this and technologically challenged!! I did go in and delete the OZ instant messaging through applications and then downloaded again. Nothing....still same stuff. I think something got messed up when I did the sync and I don't know why...

John Clark
09-27-2007, 11:52 PM
I would say that wiping the device and reloading the OS is what you need to do. There have been issues with the Cingular/AT&T pearls and Desktop Manager messing up things. Reloading the OS to the device using your Desktop Manager, as they have suggested, should fix you up.

ezrunner
09-28-2007, 05:21 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Also check out the BBFaq link lots of great info there