PDA

View Full Version : Thanks BBF

HarleyNYC
09-28-2007, 09:58 AM
I dropped my 8700 in a bucket of water when I was washing my car. I immediately took the battery out and let it sit for a few hours. I then sat down and opened it up. Using a alcohol pad I cleaned off the screen, keypad contacts and whatever I felt would need it. I put it together and the next morning I powered it on. It booted but for a day or two while typing a email I would type an e and el would appear and some other letters the same thing. I was in the process of buying a new one and I tried it one last time. All gone. Now I can type emails with no double errors. I have a few faint spots under the screen on the lcd but that's acceptable since they are slowly disappearing. I didn't have to blow $250 for a new bb. I will have to live with the fact that the water mark is red and its no longer under warranty but oh well.
MY point is Thanks to all of you die hards, I knew what to do when I had a problem like this. I probably would of threw it in the garbage if I didn't know about this site. It has been a huge help to me and everyone else on this forum.

John Clark
09-28-2007, 10:02 AM
"For a few hours?" Yikes! You're lucky it works. You did the right thing but it needs more time to dry than that. I recommend a few days, at least. The water gets into places where you can't get it out (like the keyboard.) Glad it's working!

HarleyNYC
09-28-2007, 10:06 AM
I actually had a hair dryer to it hoping to speed up the drying time. Just as I was getting a email load I dropped it. It was killing me since it was my day off and it was about work. Im sure everyone knows how much curiosity there is when you cant read what you just got. But yes for 3 days now its working flawless.

JSanders
09-28-2007, 10:08 AM
(y) (y)

ezrunner
09-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Certainly glad it works!

Might want to invest in a used back up BB check out the buy sell trade section! I have had been lucky and received several great deals there

HarleyNYC
09-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Interesting you say that I was just checking that out. I realized that if Im not lucky again I am screwed because out of 300+ numbers and emails I know like 4 of them off hand. Good idea though.