PDA

View Full Version : some 8830 help

illmatic282
09-28-2007, 05:41 PM
i have a verizon 8830, and i can't seem to get picture texts. when i receive a picture text, i get a message telling me to log on to the verizon website to view the image. this is correct? is there a way, so i can just receive the image with the text message? thanks for your help..

penguin3107
09-28-2007, 05:49 PM
"i get a message telling me to log on to the verizon website to view the image. this is correct?"
Yes, that's the way Verizon does it. You'll probably pay extra for MMS as well.

"is there a way, so i can just receive the image with the text message?
Have the sender e-mail it to you, rather than send as an MMS message.

rsun
09-28-2007, 05:49 PM
When you receive an e-mail on your BlackBerry, all the pictures/html code are striped out, no way to get this.

Are you talking about another type of messaging?

illmatic282
09-28-2007, 05:57 PM
i am talking about mms messages. when i get pictures with email, i can open it fine. it is just when i get mms messages, it gives me a link to go to, so i can view the picture. is there a way, i can get the picture directly into my phone?

penguin3107
09-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Wirelessly posted (Breaking Ball: BlackBerry8300/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I answered this for you above.

PjD
09-28-2007, 06:38 PM
i am talking about mms messages. when i get pictures with email, i can open it fine. it is just when i get mms messages, it gives me a link to go to, so i can view the picture. is there a way, i can get the picture directly into my phone?

Unfortunately its not possible....
I have the few people that send me pictures e-mail it out of their phone to my @<hidden> address.
Than like any regular e-mail the pic is there in attachment form.