PDA

View Full Version : Messenger contact "Unreachable"

NAZology
09-29-2007, 05:09 PM
What does this mean? Usually italics means they simply havent replied yet to a message you have sent or they are busy, right?

I have a contact in my messenger when I get info it says " Unreachable" and their name is in italics.

Did they lose me as a contact? Was I deleted?

John Clark
09-29-2007, 05:13 PM
If you were deleted then they would be missing from your contact list, as well.

NAZology
09-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Yea I figured I would be missing if deleted. It's just bugging me cause I dont know what the hell "Unreachable" means, I dont like not knowing what my phone is talking about haha

ezrunner
09-29-2007, 05:22 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

There phone could be turned of or they may have themselves set as unreachable/unavailable in their BBmessenger

NAZology
09-29-2007, 05:28 PM
"Unvailable" is an option as far as your status is concerned but is "Unreachable" an option?... I searched the forums and came across some posts which say that a person is out of network coverage area when they are "Unreachable"

GoblueNextel
09-29-2007, 09:28 PM
"Unvailable" is an option as far as your status is concerned but is "Unreachable" an option?... I searched the forums and came across some posts which say that a person is out of network coverage area when they are "Unreachable"

The person phone is OFF or they are without signal.

Here is some more help.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/39167-bb-messenger-icon-help.html