PDA

View Full Version : Verizon 8830 Voicemail Speed-Dial

Roco
09-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Hi,

I had to do a handheld wipe of my Verizon BB 8830...and now when I try to use the speed-dial for VOICEMAIL, it doesn't automatically pause 3 seconds and thn enter my password for me (it used to). I checked and I have my number listed in there and the correct password, etc in the options.

Voicemail is *86 or is it my cell #?

Either way, I am confused now...any ideas?

Thanks

daves
10-01-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm surprised no replies after so many views. Anyway, VM is *86 (or your # I think but *86 works). Interesting thing on my 8830 VZW is that the 'w' key speed dial says voicemail (followd by) my cell phone #. I can try to edit the entry which brings me to the phone book to select the proper entry, but of course the voicemail entry ins't in there (I always forget where it is hidden). If you can tell me where you updated your VM #, I can check mine and tell you the format.

One thing though is that the format I see in the speed dial is 'special'. As a test, I'd try to put a *86 pp (pause, pause, insert via the menu when you are editing, or try a p key?) your password into a different speed dial and see if it works. If nothing else, at least it'll give you what you want until you fix the 'w' (e.g. '1') speed dial entry.

shq1970
10-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Hi,

I had to do a handheld wipe of my Verizon BB 8830...and now when I try to use the speed-dial for VOICEMAIL, it doesn't automatically pause 3 seconds and thn enter my password for me (it used to). I checked and I have my number listed in there and the correct password, etc in the options.

Thanks

I've got the same problem. I keep getting an "invalid number" message every time I hit the "w" speed dial key to access my voicemail. I used to have my password entered automatically but it doesn't work on this phone. I have to manually enter it which I can't stand.

bcreekski
10-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Slightly different than the actual thread but how do you dial * on the BB?

bcreekski
10-01-2007, 11:08 AM
I found the * answer in good old "Search". I highly recommend search to friends and had not done a good job.

keisur
08-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Hi,

Thanks

I'm not sure if it's the same as with my 8330 but I go into the "Call Log" and bring up the Menu, from there: Options -> Voice Mail

Then it shows your number and has a place for you to enter your password, it takes care of the pause for you.

ApacheIndian
08-07-2008, 04:01 PM
So I read through this and the other threads on VM speed dialing so I wouldn't have to enter my password each time but I can't seem to get it right:

1) Entering either my # or *86 and then my 4-digit password under the Voice Mail setting doesn't work.
2) I tried to do this Access Number: *86 -- and then I tried to enter a Pause followed by my password, but I can't get that to work either since my BB is not letting me enter either a Pause in the Access Number field

Can anyone help?

amarryat
08-07-2008, 04:12 PM
So I read through this and the other threads on VM speed dialing so I wouldn't have to enter my password each time but I can't seem to get it right:

1) Entering either my # or *86 and then my 4-digit password under the Voice Mail setting doesn't work.
2) I tried to do this Access Number: *86 -- and then I tried to enter a Pause followed by my password, but I can't get that to work either since my BB is not letting me enter either a Pause in the Access Number field

Can anyone help?

The "w" is the voicemail speed dial because it's also the "1" key which is usually the VM access speed dial on a cell phone.

I have my codes programmed in and they work. If I view my address book, scroll to the "Voicemail" entry, and then select "edit", I can scroll down to the "Home:" number which is *86P8888#P1 where 8888 is my code. You can insert pauses by pressing the menu button to the left of the trackball and select "Add Pause" or "Add Wait" if you'd rather wait.

WFLDEng611
08-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Same thing happened on my 8830. To solve this I did what keisur suggested. Then I called up my address book and typed in voicemail and assigned it speed dial w. Problem solved.

ApacheIndian
08-07-2008, 04:46 PM
I have my codes programmed in and they work. If I view my address book, scroll to the "Voicemail" entry, and then select "edit", I can scroll down to the "Home:" number which is *86P8888#P1 where 8888 is my code. You can insert pauses by pressing the menu button to the left of the trackball and select "Add Pause" or "Add Wait" if you'd rather wait.

Genius. It worked. The only thing I would add is that one has to manually go in an assign this "artificially created" Voicemail speed dial to the 1/w button, o/w the BB will keep defaulting to the simple *86 Voicemail speed dial preset.

Thanks!

ofelas
08-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Call Log - menu button
Options - Voice Mail
Type in your password followed by the # key.