PDA

View Full Version : Has Blackberry finally got a serious competitor (lotus notes)

ritap
10-01-2007, 08:49 AM
I just wanted to say I am finally wireless on my Treo 750v, so where am I going with this?
Within my firm we use a mix of Blackberry and mNotes from CommonTime havind read one of their newsletters highlighting mNotes 5 as being wireless notes mail for individual users, I thought I might register and give the Beta a try.

Easy enough to install, I was up and running in 10 minutes, and after my first replication via activesync, I have all my mail and folders completely in sync. The interesting part was when I disconnected the cable. The device connected and instantly I recieved my first mail.Yes, I know I have to leave my machine on, but for me it means If I am out on the road, I am completely in touch with my mailbox.

Also I tried the sametime function - was very interesting to be able to chat with co-workers while I am at an airport or travelling to meetings.

Yes I know I also have a blackberry (8700V), but this product just feels much more like Notes.Less expensive too I think.

If this keeps up I will be taking this service, for certain.

JSanders
10-01-2007, 09:00 AM
looks like spam to me!

Keep it up and you will be banned forthwith.

If you want to be a member of this community, please act like one.

**moved to Handheld section**

murpheous
10-01-2007, 09:13 AM
how can the setup you just spewed, even compare to a BES?

it can't

gypsy
10-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Hey leave her alone , Ive tried it too! It pretty hot stuff to be honest ... i'm loving the new cool user interface and the instant messaging sametime stuff is brilliant.... might be sorth a sneaky peak what the competition is up to
:smile:

JSanders
10-01-2007, 09:51 AM
Hey leave her alone , Ive tried it too! It pretty hot stuff to be honest ... i'm loving the new cool user interface and the instant messaging sametime stuff is brilliant.... might be sorth a sneaky peak what the competition is up to
:smile:

You are both posting from the EXACT IP address.

You are not fooling anyone. Both accounts will be banned. Your IP will be banned as well.

Dishonesty and deception are not cool... especially when used as a part of your business practices and plan.

I think I will leave your account(s) here open a little while just to give you time to dig your hole deeper.

juwaack68
10-01-2007, 09:59 AM
might be worth a sneaky...

Speaking of sneaky.... btw, your IP address for both accounts is 83.148.188.65.

Spammers be gone.

murpheous
10-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Edit: actually, I decided not to post the link.

John Clark
10-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Even though we don't allow commercial advertising, an honest post stating a new service available probably would have been allowed. Sneaky threads/posts which are deceptive like this are not tolerated.

JSanders
10-01-2007, 10:05 AM
wireless lotus notes email, push email for lotus notes, mobilise lotus notes for smartphone and pda (http://web.commontime.com/) is the site that ip refers to

Yep, thanks, I had noticed... the IP matches the very same company he/she is spamming for. Not smart.

It is interesting when spammers think they can create another account here to legitimize their previous BS... I learned to notice that trick long ago.

JSanders
10-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Both users have been banned from the board under those screen names, the IP will be shortly. Too bad, looks like the company product might have been above board, it is sad their marketing plan was not.

juwaack68
10-01-2007, 10:12 AM
And I was looking forward to watching the spiraling downward crash.... thanks for taking the fun right out of my day. ;-)

And since you're busy, I'll just close this thread.....