PDA

View Full Version : [7230] Lose it's software pin. NOW FFFFFFFF

maschievano
06-07-2005, 08:41 AM
A strange red menů appear on a 7230, asking to press something (like: write 'S' 'T' 'A' 'R' T' to start, 'G' 'O' to start).
From when i write start the BB lose it original pin (20C....) ad gain FFFFFFFF!
So:
1. I can send/receive mail
2. gprs in written in underscore

can someone help me to resend to the BB the correct pin?

eatmypiano
06-07-2005, 09:35 AM
type 'S','T','A','R','T' to continue normally means the handheld has tried to recover as much as it can from a hardware fault.

Backup the data on the handheld, then contact your service provider to arrange a return material authorization (RMA) for your handheld. You will only be able to back up the data if your handheld is displaying FFFFFFFF on the Status screen. If you are experiencing any of the other symptoms (for example, persistent “DE365” error state), you will not be able to back up the data, since the Java applications need to be running in order to perform the backup.

maschievano
02-15-2006, 05:02 AM
We send the blackberry to RIM.
They're very interested to thus fact

proudcuban
03-16-2006, 04:56 PM
type 'S','T','A','R','T' to continue normally means the handheld has tried to recover as much as it can from a hardware fault.

Backup the data on the handheld, then contact your service provider to arrange a return material authorization (RMA) for your handheld. You will only be able to back up the data if your handheld is displaying FFFFFFFF on the Status screen. If you are experiencing any of the other symptoms (for example, persistent “DE365” error state), you will not be able to back up the data, since the Java applications need to be running in order to perform the backup.
I have the same problem with a 7230 but T-Mobile wants me to by a new unit. There must be a way to restore the device.

KonTiki
03-16-2006, 06:32 PM
I have the same problem with a 7230 but T-Mobile wants me to by a new unit. There must be a way to restore the device.

How old is your device,is it still under warranty, if it is they should exchange it because that error as you saw above is a hardware error. Back it up and talk to someone in BB tech support, escalate it up the ladder if you have to. If the device is out of warranty you will probably be out of luck and stuck with replacing it.