PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Simulator

godfreek
06-07-2005, 10:07 AM
I've downloaded the blackberry simulator 4.0 for the backberry and I want to take screenshots in the messages options window but it does not have the email settings and email filters options. That is the section in which i want to take screenshots for an instruction manual for a specific feature. It only has the general options and email reconciliation. I cant get past the Enterprise activation screen. Does it need a valid email adress and a password. Does it have to talk with my BES

Chado
06-08-2005, 11:49 AM
I am in the same boat. Any assistance would be helpful.

godfreek
06-09-2005, 10:11 AM
well howdy mate. I even sent a message to the admin/owner with no reply

Chado
06-09-2005, 10:13 AM
Yep I think we are up the creek on this one. I guess I won't use the simulator as much as I thought I would.

UFOMike
06-13-2005, 11:36 AM
Yep I think we are up the creek on this one. I guess I won't use the simulator as much as I thought I would.
So whats the deal -- I have the simulator, and I can't get activation either... is this thing going to require us to use one of our precious licenses just to use the simulator? I am a contract developer, and they want me to build a new WAP app for their BlackBerries. But do I need be able to use the simulator to determine what it will look like, how it will act, etc. What do I do?? If I go to the IT Admin and tell him I need to blow a license, he's going to be fiesty about it!!

stonent
06-13-2005, 12:49 PM
Backup a phone that has those options and restore them to the simulator I think would work.

stonent
06-13-2005, 12:50 PM
So whats the deal -- I have the simulator, and I can't get activation either... is this thing going to require us to use one of our precious licenses just to use the simulator? I am a contract developer, and they want me to build a new WAP app for their BlackBerries. But do I need be able to use the simulator to determine what it will look like, how it will act, etc. What do I do?? If I go to the IT Admin and tell him I need to blow a license, he's going to be fiesty about it!!
You can recycle licenses.

p10 wrc
06-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Backup a phone that has those options and restore them to the simulator I think would work.

well since the simulator did not come with any documentation. How would i restore to the simulator?

bfrye
06-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Just use the included MDS simulator and you shouldn't need activate anything.

p10 wrc
06-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Just use the included MDS simulator and you shouldn't need activate anything.

im so lost, i just started messing with this stuff. I cant seem to find an MDS simulator

TheEricHarris
07-13-2005, 10:26 AM
Bump.

Any more feedback on this? I need to take screenshots as well, but without the simulator being activated, I don't get all the options under messages, etc. that I need. :(

Is it possible to get the simulator activated on our BES? I would really like to take screenshots of the lookup feature so I can show users how to find people in the global address list.

I've downloaded the simulator and the BlackBerry Java Development Environment 4.0. I need to simulate a 7100G. When I run MDS Simulator, it runs in the background as a service. I've then ran the 7100G simulator and tried activating it, but it just sits at the activation window.

This sholdn't be this hard!! lol.

Any help out there?

TheEricHarris
07-13-2005, 12:26 PM
OK, we got this working finally.

Basically had to create a new profile in Outlook for our test user. Open up Desktop Manager and activate the device through there. After that, all is good.