PDA

View Full Version : Category filter in Address Book keeps dropping entries?!

TRILIGHT
06-07-2005, 10:47 AM
I have some entries in my Address Book with two categories. One is Business and one is Personal. One day I have the "Personal" filter turned on and it said "No Addresses"! I worried that they were gone but they were still around. They just were not being displayed when the filter was selected. I checked the entries and they were still assigned to the "Personal" category and therefore should have been fine. So I went into Outlook and changed all of them to "VIP". I synched and then they all listed properly with the new "VIP" category assigned to them and the filter worked fine. Now all of a sudden they are not listed again! Somehow this never seems to affect the "Business" category so I do not understand what the hell is going wrong. Can anyone let me know why this is happening and what I can do to correct it?? Thanks!

nola_boy1
06-24-2005, 12:43 PM
I've had the same problem, but got all addresses...In the address book, I went to "options", then changed "sort by" to "last name" and it fixed the problem. (later switched back to first name and it stayed correct / sorted by proper category). Later, I will try upgrading to the latest software versions (both for PC & bberry) - if T-Mobile, go to www.tmobile.com/bbupgrade