PDA

View Full Version : Confused-Delete-Mailbox/Handheld Not Working on 8820

Pseudo-Fed
10-02-2007, 07:59 AM
Had a 8300 until yesterday. When receiving mail pulled from my POP accounts, that device ALWAYS prompted whether to delete from mailbox, handheld, or both. If the message was to the BIS push account, the only option was of course "Delete".

My new 8820 however does not seem to know the difference.

Email reconciliation settings are "Delete on PROMPT", and Wireless Reconcile "ON", and On Conflicts, "Handheld Wins". The last setting I just changed. It was on mailbox wins. We'll see if that makes a difference.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

Pseudo-Fed
10-02-2007, 08:08 AM
In fact now it's backwards! Messages to blackberry.net account give option to delete from mailbox and/or handheld, and messages to regular ISP accounts have "delete only" option! I enjoyed being able to delete from the ISP inbox via my Blackberry. What changed?

Thanks.....Jeff.

whsbuss
10-02-2007, 08:36 AM
Looks like your handheld settings are correct. Check the BIS for that email address and be sure the 'Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device' checkbox is set.

Pseudo-Fed
10-02-2007, 08:56 AM
Doh! Figured it out. You have to set email reconciliation settings for EACH mail account. The BB userguide said this, but I could not figure out how. Have to use same screen, change account, settings, save, move to next account, etc....Duh!