View Full Version : 7290 or wait for "Electron" Rumor

06-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Well, the internet is a fabulous thing, but sometimes too much information is often too much of a good thing. Anyway....

I am on the verge of getting a 7290, but then I saw the "Electron" rumor thread which states deployment sometime between Q3-Q4 2005?

I am on T-mo and with their deployment schedules of the past, it would be more like Q1-Q2 2006.

Hmmmm 7290 now or "Electron" later?

Any thoughts....

06-07-2005, 02:22 PM
You want email now or at Christmas? :)

06-07-2005, 04:23 PM
You can always wait. And then it will only be available through the corporate channel (see all of the 7290 threads complaining about that) and no one in the stores will have a clue, and customer service won't know what you are talking about.

If they claim the fall, then Sempai is right on - maybe by Christmas.

Mark Rejhon
06-07-2005, 06:05 PM
You can probably save money by buying 7290 now and waiting until next year to get Electron.

I think I want to get an Electron right away, if the keyboard is high quality and thumb-touch-typeable!

06-07-2005, 06:20 PM
You can probably save money by buying 7290 now and waiting until next year to get Electron!

Absolutely agree! Buy the 7290 now. Why wait for several months and deprive yourself of the benefits of a BlackBerry on what is right now a device that is rumoured may become available sometime later this year.

The great thing about a BlackBerry is you can always pass it to the next person - you don't have to throw it away when you get a new one.

I have a few 950's and 957's still in the company. I think they are on their 3rd or 4th owner, but the users still like and use them.


06-07-2005, 06:42 PM
Exactly. I've never seen ANYONE where I work turn down a used BlackBerry, not matter how beat up it was. :)