PDA

View Full Version : cnn.com on 8830 and Q9m

avh
10-03-2007, 03:45 PM
I went in to my Verizon store and pulled up the cnn website on the Motorola Q9m and the 8830 (I made sure all the browser options were checked on the 8830). I verified I got the 'mobile' version of the site on both devices.

The site looked so much better on the Q. The fonts were better, it fit better, and the section heads (e.g. "World", "Politics", "Health", etc) had a shaded background on the Q. On the Q there was little underlining of links as well.

Was I doing something wrong? Can the 8830's browser be set to look as good as the Q's?

jibi
10-03-2007, 05:43 PM
The BlackBerry Browser is a streamlined parsing engine. The Windows Mobile browser is a wee bit more powerful (actually, a LOT). The BlackBerry Browser in it's current and next generation formats won't offer any real enhancements. Expect something a little more in line with what you're wanting/expecting when the 9000 series launches next year. With the faster broadband speeds, it'll be justifiable to give the BlackBerry a more realistic view.

Otherwise, try the Opera Mini browser for the BlackBerry.

akosnitzky
10-04-2007, 06:09 AM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Is there a third party program to address this?