PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help re: email reconciliation

rg8043
10-03-2007, 04:12 PM
My device is not reconciling email wirelessly between the device and my computer. I am using outlook.

When I try to use the desktop manager, the reconcile message button in grayed out. I have set my bb to reconcile messages but nothing is happening.

Ideally, I would like to have a copy of every email I send from the bb appear in my sent folder on my desktop.

Your help is appreciated.

Rob G.

JSanders
10-03-2007, 04:17 PM
rg, welcome to the BBForums. If you are BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) you will not get that function of email reconciliation.

You must have BES.
Main Page - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Main_Page#Internet_and_Email_FAQ.27s_.28BIS.2FBES.29)

Good luck.

rg8043
10-03-2007, 06:49 PM
Thank you for your response. Someone mentioned using the redirector but I could not find that software/download on the blackberry site, is that a viable option?

Is there a work around since I do need to keep a copy of emails that I send ?

It has occurred to me to bcc myself on each email, but that seems to be a hassle having to enter that information each time.

thanks again for your response

zerog46
10-03-2007, 07:20 PM
You can set that up (BCC) on your BIS web site to do this automaticly. Yahoo some what reconciles your email to an extent.