PDA

View Full Version : Sending Pics Via Email

zakatak144
10-04-2007, 09:25 AM
I have a BB 8700g OS v4.1 on the Cellular One network connected to our BES v4.1.4. I had an external user at our company send me a MMS picture message. We needed to get this picture printed off, so i tried to forward the message to our email server but it doesn't accept MMS messages. So i saved the picture to my BB and tried to attach it to a regular email message. I cannot find anyway to attach pictures to email on my BB. Is this not possible?

JSanders
10-04-2007, 09:30 AM
If your BB is a 7290, you cannot attach to an email message.

One way:
Do you have any BB there with an 8100, 8800 or 8300 with the SD card? If so, send the picture to them, have them connect via USB to their PC (with Mass Storage Mode enabled on the SD card) and copy the picture to the PC.

That or upgrade the 8700g OS to 4.2, which allows email to attach images.

zakatak144
10-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the quick reply,

Sorry I forgot to update my profile. I just got my new 8700g a few weeks ago. Unfortunately i do not have a SD card slot for my BB nor does anyone else in the office. I noticed that i cannot transfer direct from my BB to my computer via BB manager since i am not running OS v4.2 and i see that you said i need 4.2 to send pics via email. Cellular One doesn't provide an upgrade to 4.2 currently, 4.1 is the newest OS they offer. So am i SOL?

Dubdub
10-04-2007, 11:30 AM
You should be able to use 4.2 for one of the other carriers as long as the devices are the same - i.e. both GSM.

I am assuming that CellOne is GSM so you could use the OS for ATT or TMO 8700

zakatak144
10-04-2007, 04:13 PM
Just a quick question, would I void anything if I would load a different provider’s OS on my BB? AT&T offers the 4.2 OS for the 8700, and since CellularOne will be partnering with them soon I don’t see the problem with this. My only concern is that I will void a warranty or agreement with CellularOne by doing this. Also how does the AT&T software know how to connect to the CellularOne network? I know they are both GSM but there has to be some differences between the two networks and the software on their phones?

JSanders
10-04-2007, 04:17 PM
You won't void anything by loading an updated OS from another carrier.
Be sure to follow the instructions exactly as written.

Here is a link to the instructions and the OS download.
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8700-series-discussion/97961-latest-os-8700-gsm-4-2-1-107-a.html

I also recommend updating your PC with the latest Desktop Manager:
BlackBerry Desktop Manager Downloads - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Desktop_Manager_Downloads)

zakatak144
10-05-2007, 04:14 PM
I tried to install the OS from AT&T but it wouldn't allow me.

First of all I had to manually select the loader files, the Blackberry Desktop Manager didn't prompt me to load the new OS I had loaded on my computer.

Once i selected the files manually and tried to install them i got a message that told me there are no files for my device to load.

It seems like that i am stuck until either i get another new blackberry or until Cellular One releases the 4.2 OS.

If anyone has any suggestions i will take them.