PDA

View Full Version : invalidates my aol accounts

wat718
10-05-2007, 07:01 PM
For the last few weeks I have been calling blackberry because my aol email accounts on my 8830 from verizon wireless keep getting invalidated. I must go to the blackberry page and click on the email for aol and validate it. Blackberry says this is a known issue. They tell me to call aol. I call aol and they do nothing. What's up with this. Blackberry unified my aol account telling me that this would fix it... no way did that fix it... what am I supposed to do? this is just annoying.

howie

ezrunner
10-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I have had the same issue and it is yet to be resolved! I have deleted the accounts readded, resent service books no luck so far

greggebhardt
10-06-2007, 07:06 AM
This has happened to me one time and my VP twice. Three months ago the same happened to two of my field supervisors. It only takes a click to bring it back.

I do not think it is a Blackberry problem but it rests on AOL's side. For some reason AOL does not like RIM poling it every 15 minutes and AOL blocks them. That is my opinion. I use VersaForward, VersaForward Email Forwarding Service - AOL, Hotmail, MSN, Yahoo to your Cell Phone, Blackberry, or Email (http://www.versaforward.com), which poles my AOL account every minute, 24 hours a day and AOL blocked them completely a year or two ago. I had to go head to head with AOL to insist I had the right to use a third party service to check on my email every minute. The conceeded.