PDA

View Full Version : I have moved to BB from Palm

magicdudey
10-06-2007, 06:53 PM
:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
Hi guys,
Well after 9 years as a hard Palm dude I made a complete rash desicion just 2 days ago and decided to upgrade via o2 to a Blackberry 8300.
I cannot believe that I have done this in fact I am really happy.
I have always used Palm and used thier basic palm desktop as a pim, however I moved my palm pim over to outlook then synced the 8300 and voila!!!! It really is a complete amazing solution and I will be saving a good £40 per month on email checking.
Have any other people here made the same move that I have just made?
Great solution and bravo to BB.

One of the things for me was that Palm have not really moved forward in the smartphone markets I moved form treo 680 and the 8300 is such an amzing device and a much better solution. Amazing and I have only had it 1 whole day.he he I love it

aiharkness
10-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Welcome to the group!

jeremyckitching
10-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Welcome!

JSanders
10-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Greetings, magicdudey, and welcome to the Forums.

hnsimpson
10-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Welcome!

-simpson

John Clark
10-07-2007, 12:15 AM
Welcome aboard! Glad you like it!

ngregory00
10-07-2007, 12:27 AM
I also made the move from Treo to Blackberry (if you don't count the four days I owned an HTC Wing).

The Curve is light years more stable than my two ton Treo 700w. If I never see WinMo again, it'll be too soon. ;)

akosnitzky
10-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Welcome

magicdudey
10-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the replys............
I must say that I did try ther upgrage BB route some 2 years ago when I got a BB 7100 x but did not get on with the scroll wheel and the 2 letters per key keyboard and sent it back to o2 within a week. However I cannot believe, being a hardened palm fan that after seeing my friend 8300 only 4 days ago and had a 5 min play with it, that I was to become a BB owner!!!
The more I play with it the more I can see that this is the way forward, and have to say again Palm are not even within striking distance in regards to BB. Why did not I see this....well I do now and I am so please, and the battery life is awesome compared to the inherent palm treo battery issues!!!!
The only thing that I now new for me is using outlook as my pim and not the palm desktop. Also still want to go now and again for the stylus.......but getting used to it big time.
Now folks, where and how is the best place to get my hands on some backgrounds, themes and applications? Also can I load a version of msn messenger?
Thanks in advance you BB lovely people you.
Magicdudey.you humble servant!:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) (y) (y) :smile: :smile: (y)

magicdudey
10-13-2007, 06:21 PM
I had only one problem that not many could fix, except for a guy on the forum.
I wanted to get the last few years back calendar entries onto my new 8300 as when you sync it from new with outlook it goes from that moment onwards.
Well after tweaking the advance setting you can sync all of the past or as I did went back 600 days on the chart.
Great news I say.
I had to take it back to my local o2 Guildford store for a new one, the one due to the system became very slow, the back light turned itself off within 2 sec of turning it on..........wierd but now all synced back with outlook and it is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ezrunner
10-13-2007, 06:27 PM
welcome to BBF