PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry and Lotus Notes 6.5

callaway59
06-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Problem 1: I just received a new blackberry and i have a question regarding Lotus Notes invitations. I run a 6.5 lotus notes client and on my desktop I have configured my Lotus Notes invitations to be deleted from my inbox on the desktop computer once I respond to them. The issue is that I can respond to the invitation from my inbox on the desktop and it removes the invitation from the lotus notes desktop, and enters it into the calendar in on my desktop as well as my blackberry. The issue is that the invitation stays in the inbox of my blackberry. Does anyone seem to know why this happens? Is there a setting that I am missing somewhere.

Problem 2: Problems opening some .pdf documents on the blackberry. Message is document conversion failed. Does anyone know why?

Chado
06-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Problem 1: I just received a new blackberry and i have a question regarding Lotus Notes invitations. I run a 6.5 lotus notes client and on my desktop I have configured my Lotus Notes invitations to be deleted from my inbox on the desktop computer once I respond to them. The issue is that I can respond to the invitation from my inbox on the desktop and it removes the invitation from the lotus notes desktop, and enters it into the calendar in on my desktop as well as my blackberry. The issue is that the invitation stays in the inbox of my blackberry. Does anyone seem to know why this happens? Is there a setting that I am missing somewhere.

Messages-Options-General Options-Hide Filed Messages should do the trick. Of course this will remove other emails that have been removed from the inbox as well.

Not too sure about your second problem.

callaway59
06-08-2005, 01:08 PM
I have the "hide filed messages" option set to yes. This issue only seems to be with the invitations.

BBJunkie
06-14-2005, 04:41 AM
I am also using lotus notes but would like to have emails sent to my BB without using the company's exchange service. Can this be done without using the redirector software? I've used the webclient option but I'm having to touch all messages twice.

Suggestions would be great!!!!

Omniver
06-14-2005, 03:23 PM
I also have the problem that my desktop-accepted invitations do not get removed from the blackberry - via either wired or wireless sync. This is very annoying. Any help appreciated.

-O

slickca21
06-16-2005, 12:04 AM
BBJunkie - Try wireless mail. www.martinscott.com

Omniver
06-24-2005, 07:21 AM
bump

Omniver
06-27-2005, 08:23 AM
Anybody...?

Are we the only ones experiencing this problem?

besdomino
06-30-2005, 01:58 PM
The BlackBerry uses the Trash Folder to sync what has been deleted off the Lotus Notes Mail File. As Calendar Invitations for some reason don't get sent to the Trash when deleted, they will not be deleted off the BlackBerry.

If you delete a Accepted, Rescheduled, Information Update or Countered from the InBox, it will not sync the Delete. You need to delete again on the BlackBerry device. This has been reported to RIM, however Lotus Notes does not move this to Trash, so the BlackBerry can not reconcile these items for Deletion.