PDA

View Full Version : bes/bis problem

thunker
10-09-2007, 02:00 PM
I just got an 8300 from amazon and accidentaly signed up for the BES corporate data plan. We dont have a bes server at my office and amazon won't change the plan. They say I need to send it back and cancel and start over. Can I access my office outlook email and yahoo mail? If I signed up for BEs can I still use Bis? I'm lost!!:-(

gdpmumin
10-09-2007, 02:18 PM
I just got an 8300 from amazon and accidentaly signed up for the BES corporate data plan. We dont have a bes server at my office and amazon won't change the plan. They say I need to send it back and cancel and start over. Can I access my office outlook email and yahoo mail? If I signed up for BEs can I still use Bis? I'm lost!!:-(

Welcome, to the forums. Yes, you will always be able to use BIS, regardless of whether or not you have access to BES. But there shouldn't be any reason you can't change your account. That's an easy switch. There wouldn't be any reason they couldn't do that unless there was some sort of agreement that you got a special price for signing up for BES. But I've never heard of that.

Just call AT&T directly. They should be able to fix that for you.

ladydi
10-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Welcome, to the forums. Yes, you will always be able to use BIS, regardless of whether or not you have access to BES. But there shouldn't be any reason you can't change your account. That's an easy switch. There wouldn't be any reason they couldn't do that unless there was some sort of agreement that you got a special price for signing up for BES. But I've never heard of that.

Just call AT&T directly. They should be able to fix that for you.

+1. Don't deal with Amazon for this one. As long as you keep a BB and phone plan, you are holding up your end of the bargain. You can call At&T directly and they will change you to BIS plan. You can go ahead and set up all of your BIS accounts before the change, it won't change anything on your BB except deny you the ability access a BES.