PDA

View Full Version : Can't hear other callers.

wullybully
10-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Yesterday my phone started acting up. When i call someone or someone calls me i can only hear them if my phone is on speakerphone. Anyone else have that problem? suggestions?

Thatzmister2u
10-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Have you tried a battery pull? If it doesn't work after that i would guess hardware. There have been quite a few folks reporting this. If it's under warranty take it back. If not search for 8100 parts. they are now selling this speaker (althought I am not sure how involved replacing it actually is).

E-

TBOLTRAM
10-10-2007, 11:37 AM
If it was in one location only then may have been a cell tower issue.

Fix what is broken, don't break what is working.

tw1112
11-09-2007, 02:29 AM
Did you ever figure out a reason why this happened and a fix for the problem?? Mine just started up today and I can also use speakerphone and bluetooth but just not by holding the phone to my ear...If I take the phone in for warranty work, does that mean I will lose all my notes and such on the phone? Thanks!

8100 pearl btw..

phonejunk
12-22-2007, 03:53 PM
TMO is b.s.! This is the second time the speaker went out one me. 1st time I bought the phone in Mar 07 and the speaker broke by Jul 07 and a new 1 was sent to me, then this happened again, for a second time in Dec 07.

The 1st time, did all the crap TMO customer service wanted me to do. Still did not work. Ok, they said all the other things as mentioned in posts here about warranty and they will replace it, charge $15 or $10 for shipping and may get a refurbished phone. First, all that is crap, I paid for a new phone why should I get a refurbished phone, and second this is a phone defect, they should pick up the shipping charges. So, I ended up paying it.

Now, this is the 2nd time its happened, this is obviously a defect with the phone and TMO/RIM will not acknowledge it. Funny thing is, they said that after the manufacturers warranty is over in a year then I will have to pay for any problems with the phone myself. Unless, I have the TMO warrantly of $5 per month and $150 deductible, this service is crap too, may as well buy a new phone instead.

From reading this forum, it is clear a lot of people have this same issue with this phone, RIM with TMO are putting out a product that is substandard, they should own up to their responsibility and pay for shipping otherwise fix the problem in the first place. I am soooo mad, just wanted to let others know because it sounds like you will also cross this bridge sometime in the future.

Ended up paying the shipping costs for a 2nd time, I'm thinking of selling this phone or getting some other phone or leaving TMO because they seem to be less on "real" customer satisfaction by putting up this polite front instead of really satisfying loyal customers by eliminating these costs that they pass on to the customer.

Something needs to be done?...