PDA

View Full Version : New To The Blackberry World...question...

klefti
10-11-2007, 09:48 AM
hey guys i just purchased a blackberry... now i dont have the service set up though with my courier yet. im currently just using it as a cell phone. can i still use the blackberry messenger?

jsconyers
10-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Welcome to the forums (y)

To answer your question, No. You need a blackberry data plan to use the messenger as well as the blackberry browser among other features.

jeremyckitching
10-11-2007, 09:50 AM
You will need a BlackBerry data plan in order to use the BlackBerry Messenger.

Hooked on My BB
10-11-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm not new to Blackberry, but I'm having my first serious problem and want to post a question to this list. But I can't find how one starts a new thread, only how to reply to an existing one. Thus my post to this question that is not exactly relevant. I hope someone can help me! thanks.

jsconyers
10-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Go to a thread relevant to your question (ex. general Blackberry discussion) at the top of the page, before any posts there should be a button in the upper left hand corner labeled "new thread". Click there and post your question.

Hooked on My BB
10-11-2007, 10:42 AM
I had managed to start off on the wrong page of Blackberry Forums -- as soon as I got to the home page and selected a discussion, I saw the "New Thread" button just as you said. THANKS for your help and your quick reply!

jsconyers
10-11-2007, 10:45 AM
No problem. enjoy (y)