PDA

View Full Version : Which Free calendar apps sync with Blackberry?

timl006
06-09-2005, 09:25 AM
Hello all,

I just found this forum and hope that you can answer what should be an easy one. I currently have a 957 model running 2.7.x O/S with desktop manager version 4.0 SP1, with little hope of being given a new one by my employer.

Simply put, I need a free calendar app for my work PC (XP Pro) that will sync with my now ancient blackberry. For reasons too stupid and bureaucratic to go into, I do not have the institution standard of Outlook.

If there is no free app that syncs directly with the blackberry, is there a free conduit app that will? I'm currently experimenting with Mozilla Sunbird which lacks syncing in its present form.

I tried searching this forum's archive as well as versiontracker but was unsuccessful.

At home I'm a mac user with an old Palm but that is another story. :smile:

Stanley Pain
06-09-2005, 10:03 AM
You could install Mozilla's calander program, then use the ASCII exported to export to a .csv file then import it into Mozilla's clander program

KendallParis
06-09-2005, 12:40 PM
You could try www.midlet.org and look for a calender as well as other free programs.

timl006
06-09-2005, 02:07 PM
You could install Mozilla's calander program, then use the ASCII exported to export to a .csv file then import it into Mozilla's clander program
Sorry, I don't follow. Are you saying to somehow export the Blackberry calendar to ASCII on my PC followed by importing into Sunbird (Mozilla Calendar app)?

If so, it sounds like a plan. That leaves me with another question or two:

-- How do I export the Blackberry calendar file to ASCII on my PC? I've looked at the backup options in the Desktop Manager and it only offers the standard ".ipd" backup file.

-- By ASCII, do you mean any text format such as "comma separated values (CSV)?"