PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Request 'FROM' address using BIS

craigme
10-12-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm on TMOB using an 8100 w/ the latest OS. I use BIS and have 5 different email addresses that are checked by BIS and all messages come into my main inbox...
When I send a meeting request that I'm initiating from my 8100, how I can set the email address that it's being sent from? Right now it always defaults to an old email address that I barely ever use but monitor on my blackberry b/c some people still mail me on it.
I can't find an option to define the sent by address when sending a meeting request intiated from my 8100 -- anyone been able to find this option?
Thanks

Thatzmister2u
10-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Menu>options>Advanced Options>Messages Services> "Set to account you want used as default" (This is the account it will use).

craigme
10-12-2007, 02:00 PM
I've tried those options but they don't seem to make a difference... Also, I don't have an option of 'make default' when looking at my 'message services' - it just lets me choose which one to look at -- I always assumed that the one chosen becomes the default, but that doesn't seem to fix my issue.
Still stumped...

Thatzmister2u
10-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Yes, the one that you select will be the default. I don't understand why it is generating from a different address. We are going to have to wait for others to chime in. Sorry.

E-

JSanders
10-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Choose the message service by highlighting it, and click menu to SAVE. It is the default for emails... I am not positive about the Calendar invites.

Try this... at your BIS site, delete the old account setup and delete the service book for that account on the BB.

Then try sending a calendar invite. Where does it come from.

Re-add the old message service now. Resend service books from BIS.

craigme
10-15-2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks JC. Good idea - I tried it and now it defaults to another account, not the one I want, but one that I can live with...