PDA

View Full Version : Problems with blackberry 7130e

mjuszczak
10-13-2007, 12:57 AM
I've had MULTIPLE 7130e's from Verizon, and they all seem to do this. I'm not sure why.

1) Every once in a while, the blackberry just resets itself. I'll be using it, and then all of a sudden, it goes black, and then I see it rebooting (takes about 5-6 minutes to load). This happens once every few days.

2) Text messages just stop working. I can't send/receive them, and any I send get the red x next to them. I have to pull the battery and pop it back in and reset the device for them to start working again.

Also, as a side note, is there anyway to disable those darn special characters, like "o omlout", or the a with the dots or the tilde above it? I don't use those characters ever!! Yet sometimes they come up by default during suretype.

Any ideas?

Thanks all,

Matt

jsilvius
10-29-2007, 01:06 PM
I've had to replace my device several times so i know your pain.
as for the odd characters, I never saw them until I go the last replacement unit. I just removed all the language packs in the desktop application manager and they seem to have gone away.

hope this helps

I've had MULTIPLE 7130e's from Verizon, and they all seem to do this. I'm not sure why.

1) Every once in a while, the blackberry just resets itself. I'll be using it, and then all of a sudden, it goes black, and then I see it rebooting (takes about 5-6 minutes to load). This happens once every few days.

2) Text messages just stop working. I can't send/receive them, and any I send get the red x next to them. I have to pull the battery and pop it back in and reset the device for them to start working again.

Also, as a side note, is there anyway to disable those darn special characters, like "o omlout", or the a with the dots or the tilde above it? I don't use those characters ever!! Yet sometimes they come up by default during suretype.

Any ideas?

Thanks all,

Matt