PDA

View Full Version : Unread message (1) in my Messages, 7100I

davidc2
10-13-2007, 07:56 AM
I went through the FAQ's, did not find this issue :)

On my 7100I, I keep showing 1 unread message, but I have been through every message, they are ALL opened, this includes missed calls etc.

How do I clear this out? I would like to keep all my messages, but would like to get rid (or fix) the 1 unread message that is on the front screen.

Hope this makes sense :)

Dave

JSanders
10-13-2007, 07:59 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Dave, thanks for checking the faq site.

Pullig the battery while powered on to reboot the BlackBerry will often fix that errant message indicator.

davidc2
10-13-2007, 08:10 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Dave, thanks for checking the faq site.

Pullig the battery while powered on to reboot the BlackBerry will often fix that errant message indicator.
Well, I am embarrassed :(

I did check the FAQ's, but while the phone was rebooting, (which did not work to clear the problem), I found a FAQ called "How do I reset my message counter to clear. One of the suggestions was to check the folders, which I did, and lo and behold, found a message that I had not opened. All in well in my Blackberry world

Dave

JSanders
10-13-2007, 08:14 AM

Cool.

hnsimpson
11-08-2007, 10:56 AM

I did check the FAQ's, but while the phone was rebooting, (which did not work to clear the problem), I found a FAQ called "How do I reset my message counter to clear. One of the suggestions was to check the folders, which I did, and lo and behold, found a message that I had not opened. All in well in my Blackberry world

Dave

Just brainfarted and did the same thing...Thanks, search feature! You saved me again!

-simpson

mooware
11-13-2007, 06:03 PM
i noticed the same thing on my 7130e. turns out that i had to "open" any of my missed calls to make that icon go away. doesn't make any sense why they don't have another icon for missed calls but oh well. not sure if it's the same for your model though.

dowlingm
07-11-2008, 01:47 PM

Dave

This also helped me - a user had put an unopened message in Saved Messages which Mark Prior Opened in Messages doesn't touch.

fox5c
07-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks, Just found an unopened message in one of my folders and corrected the msg icon.