PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Blackberry Plans

bbueding
10-13-2007, 10:55 AM
I have heard that Verizon is supposed to have new Blackberry Plans Nov 1, 2007. Does anyone have advance information on what these plans are.

rambo47
10-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Verizon prices for BB Data Plans are crazy! I use T-Mobile and the unlimited BB Data Plan add-on (BIS) to any regular minutes program is $20/month. You can get either 600 anytime minutes + free nights/weekends or 1000 anytime minutes no free nights/weekends for $40. That's $60 to combine one of these with unlimited BB data vs. Verizon's basic plan at $80/month, and that's for only 450 minutes.

Dawg
10-13-2007, 12:20 PM
Verizon prices for BB Data Plans are crazy! I use T-Mobile and the unlimited BB Data Plan add-on (BIS) to any regular minutes program is $20/month. You can get either 600 anytime minutes + free nights/weekends or 1000 anytime minutes no free nights/weekends for $40. That's $60 to combine one of these with unlimited BB data vs. Verizon's basic plan at $80/month, and that's for only 450 minutes.

its all about your needs and wants I want a reliable service so i pay a little more at least i know it works every where I do. I cant say that for my tmobile employees.

NJBlackBerry
10-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Unless of course you have the need to travel outside of North America and don't really want to switch to the 8830.

silk3000
10-13-2007, 02:35 PM
I have heard that Verizon is supposed to have new Blackberry Plans Nov 1, 2007. Does anyone have advance information on what these plans are.

Vzw is getting the "Pearl II" which will NOT be GSM compatible - it will only be CDMA enabled. sounds to me like they're finally getting the Curve. it's a shame it's not a world phone - really frustrating.

silk3000
10-13-2007, 02:37 PM
PS - release date is before thanksgiving. I was told by someone who works at Vzw that it's "probably an update to the Pearl" - but isn't that what the Curve was?

akosnitzky
10-13-2007, 03:48 PM

HMMM. Outside what I pay for the phone usage, my bb is $44.95 per month, plus $4.99 for per month for insurance.

jsntrenkler
10-13-2007, 03:51 PM
I wish Verizon had the Curve ... Hehehe, but I do love my 8830 (Just wish I had a camera) ... The Pearl II is supposed to have Verizon Navigator on it. So I am guessing that us 8830 owners will likely get a software update to finally enable that feature. I there are times that I would like to be able to use the GPS in my 8830.

John Clark
10-13-2007, 03:53 PM
PS - release date is before thanksgiving. I was told by someone who works at Vzw that it's "probably an update to the Pearl" - but isn't that what the Curve was?

The Curve is not an "update" to the Pearl.

The Pearl 2 is an update to the Pearl and a new device for VZW.

Swany99
10-13-2007, 05:15 PM
i have to say I love the BB 8830. It is my first BB and I can not imagine how i got through life without it.

rambo47
10-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Here in the northeast Verizon is KING of coverage. But their prices - sheesh! My T-Mobile service is equal to Verizon service for 99% of the places I go. On rare occasions I notice my wife's Verizon phone will get a bar of signal strength when I don't have serice. But that's so infrequent I don't even worry about it. I'm "non mission-critical". :)

Dawg
10-13-2007, 07:18 PM
Unless of course you have the need to travel outside of North America and don't really want to switch to the 8830.

I have never and dont ever plan on traveling outside the country anyway

TBOLTRAM
10-14-2007, 04:21 PM
I have never and dont ever plan on traveling outside the country anyway

Obviously you do not work for an international company that requires travel. That is why I got a 8830.

Sniperet
10-14-2007, 07:48 PM

You can't compare BB pricing when you are mixing in voice plan costs since the variety of voice plans are so great. TMO's BB data plan is very cheap but I believe you get what you pay for in data speed and coverage area. I want my BB to work everywhere I go and I travel a lot nationwide.

Blackberry_Abused
10-16-2007, 12:45 PM
I have twenty eight users with 8830's to manage with Global capability! These things have been nothing but headaches. The device looks great, but since we have transferred over we have had nothing but problems. I have been on the phone more times with Verizon than I care to admit.

The 7250 worked great and the 7290 (AT&T) worked great and my international travellers loved them. Since the switch users are getting spotty coverage and users are reporting emails are getting deleted by the device.

I am not sur ewhat is going on with verizon or our server, but this is killing me!!

Just me venting. :cry: :cry:

joeygator
10-16-2007, 09:18 PM
I agree, voice has a big impact on total price. But if you are like me, and use a lot of voice and data, the data unlimited with BES support from Verizon is only $20 when on the 4000 minute voice plan. And with tethering I am only at $35. Can't complain. And having come from Cingular/AT&T, the voice quality on CDMA is far better than GSM. No darth vader on CDMA.

Demon
10-20-2007, 09:04 AM
BIS plans will now be $30 instead of $45.

Dawg
10-20-2007, 09:19 AM
BIS plans will now be $30 instead of $45.

wonder if they will roll back automatically or if we will have to request it

wcurrin
10-20-2007, 10:15 AM
i asked yesterday when i order my 8830, and cust. service lady said you would, but that was after asking the question 4 times because she didnt understand what i was asking becuase she new nothing of the nov. 1st changes....go figure.....she kept saying if its a "promo" price you wont get it.....wanted to slap the stupid out of her through the phone, figuratively of course...

BryanHarig
10-20-2007, 11:31 AM

I am sure you will have to request it.

As an added piece on information Sprint will also be offering a $30 BIS plan in November with unlimited email/data/Text Messaging/Sprint navigation but without tethering support (it is still included in the $40 plan).

havanese
10-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Do you think it would be better to call and try and get the cheaper BIS after the first or go into your local store and hope to find someone with an IQ > 50?

wcurrin
10-22-2007, 04:12 PM
I am sure you will have to request it.

As an added piece on information Sprint will also be offering a $30 BIS plan in November with unlimited email/data/Text Messaging/Sprint navigation but without tethering support (it is still included in the $40 plan).

if verizon would do this, they would be my new best friend......no, seriously though, it would be nice, since right now i am paying 54.94 without nav...

rjansen3
10-31-2007, 11:29 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Well, its the 1st somewhere, anyone have this confirmed yet?

jsntrenkler
11-01-2007, 12:03 AM
My understanding is that Unlimited Blackberry Data Plan will be dropped to $30 ... Also heard rumor that they will be lowering the price of the 8830 as well.

sjt79
11-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Thanks to everyone here who brings all the "speculations" and "rumors", I checked VZW's website this morning and there is now a $29.99 Blackberry plan. Presumably, it's because the Pearl 2 went on sale for pre-order today and they needed a cheaper plan for consumers.

Whether this is true or not (since the rep I'm on the phone with now as I type this had no idea about this change), the rep states that her notes say that anyone who is on BES needs to stay with the "Blackberry Solutions" $44.99 unlimited plan. If you're not synced to a BES, then the $29.99 plan will work for you.

The only question in my mind is whether that's the only difference. It says "Email and Web"...nothing about data. So I'm going to keep an eye on this and see if other third party apps that use data (such as Gmail, JiveTalk, etc) will end up costing me money or are included.

slines
11-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Do you think they will drop the price on the 10m plan for people who are not using a ton of data? That is currently 24.99 a month

havanese
11-01-2007, 09:54 AM
From gearlog (http://www.gearlog.com/2007/11/verizon_updates_plans_with_che.php) and Crunchgear

Verizon Wireless launched into a full-scale overhaul of their service plans today, and the results for consumers are mixed. Here are the main points:

* They're now called "Nationwide Plans"
* Everybody now gets "Mobile Web," which used to cost $5.
* Data connections that used to take minutes out of your bucket, no longer do.
* But you're charged $1.99/MB for some data services.
* If you want to switch, you don't have to re-up your contract

Downloading games or ringtones or using Mobile Web or e-mail trigger the $1.99 charge. (That's the smallest division; 1025 to 2047 KB costs $3.98.) But downloading V CAST music songs, sending or receiving text or picture messages, or using VZ Navigator doesn't trigger the charge.

The end effect is a slight reduction in prices for light users of Mobile Web (if you use less than 3 MB/month, you're paying less than the $5 you used to) and a slight increase in prices for people who like to buy games or ringtones, which get at least $1.98 tacked on for the data use. (Verizon argues that it's a wash because the new plan saves voice minutes, but I don't know many people who use up their voice minute buckets.)

I don't generally like charge-by-the-megabyte plans because no ordinary human knows how much a megabyte is in terms of Web surfing or downloading. It adds a stomach-churning element of uncertainty to pricing. Fortunately, you can dial #DATA (#3282) to find out how many megabytes you've used so far in the month, and stop when necessary.

Now obviously, this being a wireless carrier, there are a ton of additional options with confusing pricing adjustments. Here's the plain-English rundown of some of the basic add-ons.

* $15 gives you unlimited downloadable video clips, plus no more megabyte charges (V Pak)
* $20 gives you unlimited text messaging (Select Plan) - there are other, cheaper messaging packs too
* $40 gives you both, plus unlimited VZ Navigator and Mobile E-mail.

Oh, and one other thing - if you travel to Canada frequently, the Canada plans are back. They cost $20/month more than domestic plans; for that you get unlimited Canada/US roaming and long distance, along with a few other perks. I think $20 is a great deal for unlimited usage in Canada.

One big thing that hasn't changed: Verizon's expensive $45/month smart phone data plans. While Verizon is on par with AT&T, Sprint's $15/month and T-Mobile's $20/month plans are much cheaper.

ArgonNJ
11-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Be careful with the terms Unlimited Data and Verizon. Unlimited isn't really unlimited, but an actual number (5gigs). And if you go over it, you get canceled.

Verizon: Verizon "Unlimited Access" Plan Is Extremely Limited (http://consumerist.com/consumer/verizon/verizon-unlimited-access-plan-is-extremely-limited-249873.php)

Its still a lot of data, but they shouldn't call it unlimited, when it really isn't.

ArgonNJ
11-01-2007, 10:17 AM

Probably have to request it. Cell phone companies rarely tell you about lower price plans unless you ask them or are about to cancel.

TBOLTRAM
11-01-2007, 10:43 AM
Be careful with the terms Unlimited Data and Verizon. Unlimited isn't really unlimited, but an actual number (5gigs). And if you go over it, you get canceled.

Verizon: Verizon "Unlimited Access" Plan Is Extremely Limited (http://consumerist.com/consumer/verizon/verizon-unlimited-access-plan-is-extremely-limited-249873.php)

Its still a lot of data, but they shouldn't call it unlimited, when it really isn't.

If I remember the New York AG just stomped on VZW over the use of unlimited and fined them some millions of dollars. Lying can get you into trouble with state AG offices.

Elementary31
11-01-2007, 10:51 AM
i just called verizon's customer service and asked about the new blackberryplans but there arent any from what they told me so i dont know if that is true or not but i may be wrong

d5coupe
11-01-2007, 10:59 AM
I called this morning, and a supervisor told me the $29.99 Web and Email plan only included 10MB of data.

The unlimited plan is still $44.99

So there was NO price drop, like I was expecting to see :-( ....

rjansen3
11-01-2007, 11:00 AM
on wether or not these actually came out today? The gf is eager to save some money on her plans!

d5coupe
11-01-2007, 11:02 AM
on wether or not these actually came out today? The gf is eager to save some money on her plans!

1-800-922-0204....see if you have any luck...

jseah
11-01-2007, 11:31 AM
I called this morning, and a supervisor told me the $29.99 Web and Email plan only included 10MB of data.

The unlimited plan is still $44.99

So there was NO price drop, like I was expecting to see :-( ....

I am not so sure about this. When I pre-ordered the Pearl this morning and signed up for the Web and Email plan at $29.99, the details of the plan did not mention being limited to 10MB at all. This is what pops up on the Verizon site when you click for details on the Email and Web for Blackberry plan:

Email and Web for BlackBerry®
Use your BlackBerry for personal email and Web surfing.
Your email will be “pushed” automatically to your device.
Access up to ten POP3 and IMAP email accounts, including Yahoo!® Mail, AOL® Mail, Windows Live® Hotmail®, and Verizon.net.
Easy email account setup.
Voice Usage: Per your voice calling plan.
Required Equipment
CDMA BlackBerry device with Verizon Wireless software required.

CDMA Data Roaming

In the Canadian Broadband and Canadian Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Areas, usage will be charged at a rate of $0.002 per KB or $2.05 per MB.
In the Mexican Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Area, usage will be charged at a rate of $0.005 per KB or $5.12 per MB.
For more information on roaming in Canada and Mexico, visit verizonwireless.com/naroaming

Also, when I go to my company's employee discount site (where the Pearl pre-order doesn't appear, and the old plans are still showing), the cheaper Blackberry plan clearly shows the 10MB limit in the title of the plan, and it is priced at $24.99 a month.

So, I believe that they have basically raised the price $5, but made it unlimited rather than 10MB.

jseah
11-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Here you go. This is an excerpt from the press release located here

http://www.blackberryforums.com/blackberry-news/102758-verizon-officially-launches-cdma-pearl.html

With the launch of the BlackBerry Pearl, Verizon Wireless is also introducing new Nationwide E-mail and Web for BlackBerry customers providing them with unlimited data for an additional $29.99 per month on top of a voice plan. Customers who choose a data only plan pay $34.99 per month. Both plans provide access up to 10 POP3 and IMAP e-mail accounts via BlackBerry® Internet Service.

rjansen3
11-01-2007, 11:41 AM
I am trying to find them on the verizon website, to no avail so far.

d5coupe
11-01-2007, 11:55 AM
yea, according to that press release the unlimited plan has changed to $29.99.

if you call customer service, they have no information on the plan and have no idea what it does/does not include.

I am currently awaiting a call back froma supervisor for the final word. I will post results when I hear back from them.

jseah
11-01-2007, 12:27 PM
d5, I think I understand the confusion now. This is from the Verizon website:

Business Voice and Data Plans (http://b2b.vzw.com/productsservices/wirelessemail/voicedatacallingplans.html)

If you look at the pricing, the "corporate" Blackberry service (where you connect your Blackberry to a corporate Exchange server) is still the same $24.99/29.99 for 10MB per month and $44.99/49.99 for unlimited. The new, unlimited plan is when you use Blackberry for personal use only (no connection to an Exchange server).

d5coupe
11-01-2007, 12:36 PM
OK, just got off the phone with the VZW supervisor. She was able to figure it out and get back to me with a real answer....

The new data plan is due to the fact that they changed ALL of their voice/family plans from "Americas Choice" to "Nationwide"

This new $29.99 unlimited data plan is "nationwide", so there was a question to as if you can add a nationwide data plan to an americas choise voice plan....

We were able to do it, and I am now enrolled in the new nationwide Web and Email for $29.99 and that is unlimited data.

NOTE:

if you are looking to do the same, I can give you the direct line of an associate who figured it out and knows the deal. So if you want to switch without being on hold for 45mins, PM me and I'll give you the phone number.

Dawg
11-01-2007, 12:41 PM
OK, just got off the phone with the VZW supervisor. She was able to figure it out and get back to me with a real answer....

The new data plan is due to the fact that they changed ALL of their voice/family plans from "Americas Choice" to "Nationwide"

This new $29.99 unlimited data plan is "nationwide", so there was a question to as if you can add a nationwide data plan to an americas choise voice plan....

We were able to do it, and I am now enrolled in the new nationwide Web and Email for $29.99 and that is unlimited data.

NOTE:

if you are looking to do the same, I can give you the direct line of an associate who figured it out and knows the deal. So if you want to switch without being on hold for 45mins, PM me and I'll give you the phone number.

PM sent

yester18
11-01-2007, 01:07 PM
yeah same info little more specific....

I just called verizon, and asked some questions regarding the new BB plans.

1. the 44.99 is more for high end users with exchange server. BES.....

2. the 29.99 is more consumer friendly which means and she said this and marked it on my account as well, as a note.... We get unlimited internet and up to 8 or so email addresses.

Basically the same we all have been using if your on BIS but now it can be cheaper.

Her reason why the 44.99 was still high was something to do with black berry connect and BES which uses allot more data.

Also I changed to the 29.99 because I do not use BES and only use my data for email and browesing. This plan does included BB messenger which is considered data.

I am sure there is still a cap but there is nothing saying there is when you look at the info under each new plan....

amarryat
11-01-2007, 01:09 PM

NOTE:

Question - is your calling plan under the "business umbrella", or is it a personal plan? I just called and the rep I spoke with said that the $29.99 data plan is only available with an eligible business plan under what she called the business umbrella, and not available with personal calling plans.

Dawg
11-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Im waiting on his person to call me back i will post up results when i am done.

rockbottom8
11-01-2007, 01:12 PM
yeah same info little more specific....

I just called verizon, and asked some questions regarding the new BB plans.

1. the 44.99 is more for high end users with exchange server. BES.....

2. the 29.99 is more consumer friendly which means and she said this and marked it on my account as well, as a note.... We get unlimited internet and up to 8 or so email addresses.

Basically the same we all have been using if your on BIS but now it can be cheaper.

Her reason why the 44.99 was still high was something to do with black berry connect and BES which uses allot more data.

Also I changed to the 29.99 because I do not use BES and only use my data for email and browesing. This plan does included BB messenger which is considered data.

I am sure there is still a cap but there is nothing saying there is when you look at the info under each new plan....

Wait! You can't use BB messenger if u get the 29.99 plan? WTF?! I like using it but I guess i can deal with not having it. BB messenger i would think hardly uses data right?

Dawg
11-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Wait! You can't use BB messenger if u get the 29.99 plan? WTF?! I like using it but I guess i can deal with not having it. BB messenger i would think hardly uses data right?

You mis read he said you can use BB messenger its a data thing they run through rims servers

d5coupe
11-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Question - is your calling plan under the "business umbrella", or is it a personal plan? I just called and the rep I spoke with said that the $29.99 data plan is only available with an eligible business plan under what she called the business umbrella, and not available with personal calling plans.

It is a personal plan. Americas Choice Family Share Plan

amarryat
11-01-2007, 01:16 PM
It is a personal plan. Americas Choice Family Share Plan

Thanks - I guess we need to get the info necessary to give to the reps so that they can make the change. The info she gave me was after she put me on hold for a bit to get some answers (which were inaccurate it seems).

d5coupe
11-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Go here: Business Voice and Data Plans (http://b2b.vzw.com/productsservices/wirelessemail/voicedatacallingplans.html)

scroll about half way down until you see "personal email plans"

$29.99( with a voice plan) entitles you to UNLIMITED data... no cap.

the corporate plan is still $44.99...the $29.99 plan is for BIS users only

amarryat
11-01-2007, 01:19 PM
Go here: Business Voice and Data Plans (http://b2b.vzw.com/productsservices/wirelessemail/voicedatacallingplans.html)

I was there, and had the rep on the phone there too. She said that the personal email plans can only be added to a business calling plan - that's why it was on the b2b website.

yester18
11-01-2007, 01:19 PM

I said YOU can. read the post again.

yester18
11-01-2007, 01:22 PM

the corporate plan is still $44.99...the $29.99 plan is for BIS users only

There still is a cap 5 gig.

d5coupe
11-01-2007, 01:23 PM
I was there, and had the rep on the phone there too. She said that the personal email plans can only be added to a business calling plan - that's why it was on the b2b website.

She was wrong. The only difference it has is a "nationwide" designation as opposed to "Americas Choice." However, they were successful in adding this to my Americas Choice voice plan without any problems.

amarryat
11-01-2007, 01:26 PM
She was wrong. The only difference it has is a "nationwide" designation as opposed to "Americas Choice." However, they were successful in adding this to my Americas Choice voice plan without any problems.

Thanks, that's good - I'm going to call again and try another rep.

synapse7
11-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way to get the new data plan on a non-BlackBerry PDA? I'm not eligible for an upgrade for several more months and I was hoping a new BlackBerry with WiFi would come out by then. But for right now I want to use the new plan with my Treo. Does that fall under the new $30 unlimited plan?

amarryat
11-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Thanks, that's good - I'm going to call again and try another rep.

The rep I just spoke with came back with some other info - she said that in order to get the $29.99 data, you must have a 1350 minute plan or more.

mcdblake
11-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Don't worry about calling. You can get the new plan online by first selecting a voice-only plan, then selecting the Email and Web for BlackBerry® $29.99/month afterward. It doesn't specifically say "unlimited", but based on discussions here it seems as though it is. If you already have an account, you can perform this through the "change calling plan" option.

d5coupe
11-01-2007, 01:48 PM
The rep I just spoke with came back with some other info - she said that in order to get the $29.99 data, you must have a 1350 minute plan or more.

HAHA, looks like shes trying to get you to upgrade so she gets a commission...I have the 700 minute family shared and it wasnt a problem....

yester18
11-01-2007, 01:49 PM

Man that is so BS what has verizon come to , now trying to always sell us more and more....

listen I have the Nationwide family share plan, w/ unlimited text and I was able to choose and add it to my plan for $29.99.....

I can't believe they are saying all this stuff to you guys....

kmicho
11-01-2007, 02:02 PM
I just spent an hour on the phone with them trying to understand. Here is what I came up with:

* $24.99: 10MB limit for e-mail and web, no text
* $29.99: Unlimited MB for BIS service & web, no text
* $44.99: Unlimited MB for BES & BIS, no text

Add unlimited text to anyone (not just VZW customers) for $20.00 more.

The above are all add-ons to a voice plan. They are also offering bundled Blackberry plans as follows:

* Starting at $39.99 for voice + pay by the drink for data
* Starting at $79.99 for voice + unlimited MB BIS & BES

Again, messaging can be added for $20 to any of the above.

d5coupe
11-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Yes, that information is correct.

rockbottom8
11-01-2007, 02:15 PM
YAY! I am switching from 45 to 29! Save me some money here!

jseah
11-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way to get the new data plan on a non-BlackBerry PDA? I'm not eligible for an upgrade for several more months and I was hoping a new BlackBerry with WiFi would come out by then. But for right now I want to use the new plan with my Treo. Does that fall under the new $30 unlimited plan?

Nope. The new plan applies to Blackberrys only. Non-Blackberry PDA's still have to pay the higher price.

sjt79
11-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Thanks to everyone here who brings all the "speculations" and "rumors", I checked VZW's website this morning and there is now a $29.99 Blackberry plan. Presumably, it's because the Pearl 2 went on sale for pre-order today and they needed a cheaper plan for consumers.

Whether this is true or not (since the rep I'm on the phone with now as I type this had no idea about this change), the rep states that her notes say that anyone who is on BES needs to stay with the "Blackberry Solutions" $44.99 unlimited plan. If you're not synced to a BES, then the $29.99 plan will work for you.

The only question in my mind is whether that's the only difference. It says "Email and Web"...nothing about data. So I'm going to keep an eye on this and see if other third party apps that use data (such as Gmail, JiveTalk, etc) will end up costing me money or are included.

I already had it changed first thing in the morning (6:30 AM) when I got into the office and VZW Customer Service opens (EST). The rep wasn't sure what I was speaking about, but after putting me on hold for a moment, she found the feature code and added it with no problem. It is a FEATURE if you have a voice plan that is not a voice+data combined plan, so do not let them tell you otherwise or let them tell you that you need to have a specific type of voice plan or minutes. I have logged into my account and see the feature change.

As with any new service or major change, the reps (unfortunately) are never up to speed or briefed in enough time to keep up with us crazy customers who are on the bandwagon the moment availability hits:razz:

JRSCCivic98
11-01-2007, 04:19 PM
I wanted to point out that if anyone is currently on a BB Voice/Data plan you're already paying $30 for unlimited data on the plan. The difference is for your minutes. When I upgraded to a BB I had the choice of adding the unlimited data plan for $44.99 or switch to a BB Voice/Data bundle. With the BB bundle I was able to get more minutes and also get the unlimited data for less. To me it was worth it at the time.

Also, I want to see if anyone that switched to this plan is able to use an email account from work that works on an Exchange server. (No, I don't mean BES setup by this. I mean a work MS Exchange email account setup in BIS. Users who's companies have an Exchange server that has public OWA access can run this setup.) I ask this because T-Mobile has a similar "2 plan" deal with their BB unlimited data plans. One with BES/BIS and one with just BIS. The problem is that if you just get the BIS one you cannot tie it into an OWA enabled Exchange server, so to some people it may actually be limiting their capabilities. Anyway, let us all know.

d5coupe
11-01-2007, 04:23 PM
I wanted to point out that if anyone is currently on a BB Voice/Data plan you're already paying $30 for unlimited data on the plan. The difference is for your minutes. When I upgraded to a BB I had the choice of adding the unlimited data plan for $44.99 or switch to a BB Voice/Data bundle. With the BB bundle I was able to get more minutes and also get the unlimited data for less. To me it was worth it at the time.

Also, I want to see if anyone that switched to this plan is able to use an email account from work that works on an Exchange server. (No, I don't mean BES setup by this. I mean a work MS Exchange email account setup in BIS. Users who's companies have an Exchange server that has public OWA access can run this setup.) I ask this because T-Mobile has a similar "2 plan" deal with their BB unlimited data plans. One with BES/BIS and one with just BIS. The problem is that if you just get the BIS one you cannot tie it into an OWA enabled Exchange server, so to some people it may actually be limiting their capabilities. Anyway, let us all know.

jackson racing super charger huh? i used to have one on my RSX.

aviationwiz
11-01-2007, 04:28 PM
About 2 hours ago I called up customer service and it took them a little bit to find the new feature codes and such, but they got me put on the new $35 plan. Much better than $50 for the exact same thing, heh (I don't have voice on this line, or use BES.)

JRSCCivic98
11-01-2007, 04:33 PM
jackson racing super charger huh? i used to have one on my RSX.

OMG!!!! Someone actually knows what it stands for. ;-) That's a first in a LONG time. Anyway, yeah, I had it on that car.... no longer have it though.

Blackberry Guru
11-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Does anyone understand how BES is disabled with the new plan?

It doesn't seem like they can regulate it?

jbinbi
11-01-2007, 04:34 PM
So I am thinking of changing from my treo 650 to pearl2. I currently have unlimited data at $45. I also use a program called pdanet that connects my treo to my laptop, and then i can use the internet on my laptop via the phone. unlimited data (maybe its 5GB, but I don't use that much).

Questions I have if I change to a BB:
a. Does the pearl actually allow me any address on the web, or or is it verizon web like on a regular phone. (i.e. can i type www.xyz.com on the BB)
b. Does the $30 unlimited plan allow for unlimited web? (I use POP accounts, so I assume I don't need the $44 plan)
c. The $44 unlimited plan I looked at on the vzw site specifically states that I cannot tether the BB to a computer. Is this capability there with a pearl, if not, I have to stay with the Treo.

Thanks

JRSCCivic98
11-01-2007, 04:35 PM
RIM regulates that, not the carriers. The BES/BIS capabilities of the BB are still controlled by RIM's servers.

Blackberry Guru
11-01-2007, 04:37 PM
RIM regulates that, not the carriers. The BES/BIS capabilities of the BB are still controlled by RIM's servers.

So basically if I switch from my current $45 plan to the $30 plan than Verizon communicates to RIM and RIM cuts me off?

I'm still not sure I get how they can say no BES on this new plan?

JRSCCivic98
11-01-2007, 04:41 PM
BB dataplans are activated and controlled by VZW "through" RIM's carrier interfaces. RIM's systems have very much control of that BB in your pocket based on it's IMEI, PIN, etc. Why do you think that if "RIM" has a BIS email issue it affect everyone on ALL carriers? If RIM was to dissappear off the face of the earth tomorrow, your BB would stop working immediately regardless of the carrier still being in business. :)

dlsanders1957
11-01-2007, 04:53 PM
I just changed my plan from the $44.99 to the $29.99 over the phone today just because I am not using a BES. Nice of VZW to finally give a little break to the personal BIS users.

I just got my new 8830 yesterday and I am glad already I didn't hold out and wait for the pearl. The screen size and QUERTY KB are a pleasure after my 7130e.

Dawg
11-01-2007, 06:13 PM
now correct me if I am wrong vzw texting is free on all plans

I am on one of the america choices with the 45. data plan and i dont pay for texting so some of this doesnt make sense to me

zerog46
11-01-2007, 06:58 PM
I think it's free if you have a "new" texting plan, I pay an extra 30 on my family plan and have unlimited text and pix mess. for camera phones and unlimited text for my two bb.

rockbottom8
11-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Quick question for those who switched to the 29.99 data plan; are you able to still use BB messenger? I just want to make sure bb messenger still works along with BIS. I have no need for BES..

JRSCCivic98
11-01-2007, 08:08 PM
now correct me if I am wrong vzw texting is free on all plans

I am on one of the america choices with the 45. data plan and i dont pay for texting so some of this doesnt make sense to me

Free texting to everyone on any network... hard to believe. Free texting period is kind of hard to believe. Maybe someone is overlooking something or you have a free texting package that got grandfathered or something. Can you check your plan options and post what you find. I'm interested if you found a way to do this because I know I pay for mine and to my knowledge they don't have any BB plans that "includes" free texting.

jbert
11-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Just got switched to the new $29.99 UNLIMITED data plan from the $45.00 plan w/ Select Family Share Plan. It took 2 calls and 3 representatives so just keep trying till you get someone who knows what is going on (the first one said it was limited to 10MB, the second said I could not switch with a Family Plan). Good Luck!

amarryat
11-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Just got switched to the new $29.99 UNLIMITED data plan from the $45.00 plan w/ Select Family Share Plan. It took 2 calls and 3 representatives so just keep trying till you get someone who knows what is going on (the first one said it was limited to 10MB, the second said I could not switch with a Family Plan). Good Luck!

Thanks, good to know and I wish I had been as lucky as you. I keep getting different info including that the 29.99 plan allows unlimited access, but not unlimited MB. I am going to keep trying.

jsntrenkler
11-01-2007, 08:29 PM
I called my local store . He said I had to switch plans, I said just enter the new feature code. 10 Seconds later he said "whoa, it took it" and now I have the $29.99 Plan on my America's Choice 1400 Minute. I still also get my 20% corporate discount on it as well. Sweet!!! so it's $24.00 I almost feel like I am on Sprint...

amarryat
11-01-2007, 08:37 PM
I called my local store . He said I had to switch plans, I said just enter the new feature code. 10 Seconds later he said "whoa, it took it" and now I have the $29.99 Plan on my America's Choice 1400 Minute. I still also get my 20% corporate discount on it as well. Sweet!!! so it's $24.00 I almost feel like I am on Sprint...

Is everyone sure this 29.99 plan is unlimited data?

I just went to the website and went through the process of selecting a voice plan, then an 8830, and then you select features. One of the features you must select is your choice between:

"Email and Web for Blackberry" which is 29.99, and
"Blackberry Solution tm Unlimited Data Usage" which is 44.99.

You can click on either of those to get a description, but nowhere in the description of the 29.99 plan is there any mention of the amount of data you get.

I am also wondering if this means that you can surf and email, but that other applications like IM, viigo or any other app that accesses data won't work.

mat123
11-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Signed up tonight... Had to "walk her to" the web page with the offer on it, she never heard of a $29.99 bb plan.

Go to:
1) Plans Menu --> Business Plans Menu
2) Under Voice & Data Plans click "Nationwide Email for Business"

She then had to go and "check" to see if I was eligible. Took all of 5 minutes. One thing she said was that this plan would NOT work with IMAP email. All my accounts are POP (I think) so I did the switch!

(I'm on an America's Choice Family Share Plan)

jbert
11-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Is everyone sure this 29.99 plan is unlimited data?

I just went to the website and went through the process of selecting a voice plan, then an 8830, and then you select features. One of the features you must select is your choice between:

"Email and Web for Blackberry" which is 29.99, and
"Blackberry Solution tm Unlimited Data Usage" which is 44.99.

You can click on either of those to get a description, but nowhere in the description of the 29.99 plan is there any mention of the amount of data you get.

I am also wondering if this means that you can surf and email, but that other applications like IM, viigo or any other app that accesses data won't work.

I myself cannot guarantee you but the final customer service rep I talked to ensured me that it was. I was on hold for the majority of my 45 min call for him to check that everything he was saying was correct. He did say that everything is unorganized with these "new" options for Blackberry plans and will be straightened out soon.

P.S. When you click the $44.99 plan it seems to describe BES

ja158948
11-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Just to let all of you know that Sprint is dropping the bb plan to $30 and that will include unlimited text messages. it start the 3rd of Nov.

TBOLTRAM
11-01-2007, 09:37 PM
I called and was told that they would send me the official email they got and I could try and figure out what it meant. I am waiting on the email from the VZW boys.

dogboy
11-01-2007, 09:57 PM
I just off phone with Verizon rep. They change my blackberry data plan only (without voice) from $50 to $35.

Grovesfan
11-01-2007, 10:08 PM
I went into my local store today and switched from the $44.99 plan to the $29.99 plan. I was and still am on the America's Choice Family Share Select Plan at 1400 minutes/mo. which includes 1400 shared minutes and unlimited text messaging on all lines. My son's phone also has the additional $5/mo. feature for Mobile Web 2.0. His plan uses airtime minutes for this and NOT data minutes as it now does under the new Nationwide plan unveiled today. This will not change unless I change plans at a later date. All that to say that I'm currently paying $110/mo for the first two lines, $9.99/mo. for each additional line (2 more), $5/mo. for the Mobile Web 2.0 on one line, and $5/mo. for Roadside Assistance for all four lines. That was my FAVORITE feature last week when I ran out of gas on the freeway and they brought me fuel for no charge! $60 a year is pretty good for all the coverage they provide. It's phone specific, not car specific so it works for anyone in my family no matter what they're driving as long as they have their phone with them. Price is $180.46/mo. before taxes, etc. and BEFORE my discounts. I get 17% off my first two lines and 20% off my data plan charges.

Beth

synapse7
11-02-2007, 01:43 AM
Price is $180.46/mo. before taxes, etc. and BEFORE my discounts. I get 17% off my first two lines and 20% off my data plan charges.
Beth

I still also get my 20% corporate discount on it as well. Sweet!!! so it's $24.00 I almost feel like I am on Sprint...

Do all corporate discounts work on the additional costs of the data part of plans? Or what other discounts are available? I'm on the 1400 Family Share Plan but called and was told that corporate discounts only work on the voice parts. I have been a Verizon customer for a long time now and wondered if I could get the corporate discount applied to the new data plan or perhaps another discount. Any ideas?

jsntrenkler
11-02-2007, 01:48 AM
Signed up tonight... Had to "walk her to" the web page with the offer on it, she never heard of a $29.99 bb plan.

Go to:
1) Plans Menu --> Business Plans Menu
2) Under Voice & Data Plans click "Nationwide Email for Business"

She then had to go and "check" to see if I was eligible. Took all of 5 minutes. One thing she said was that this plan would NOT work with IMAP email. All my accounts are POP (I think) so I did the switch!

(I'm on an America's Choice Family Share Plan)

Ummm ... My .mac is IMAP so is Gmail ... After I switched plans I got the the thank you for activating your accounts Messages from the Verizon BIS ... I am happy tell you that IMAP Mail works just fine on the $29.99 plan.

jsntrenkler
11-02-2007, 01:50 AM
Do all corporate discounts work on the additional costs of the data part of plans? Or what other discounts are available? I'm on the 1400 Family Share Plan but called and was told that corporate discounts only work on the voice parts. I have been a Verizon customer for a long time now and wondered if I could get the corporate discount applied to the new data plan or perhaps another discount. Any ideas?

The company I work for offers 20% Discount on Data Plans as well as 15% off of the phone service. I also get 25% off anything in Verizons retail store, I am not sure that all companies discount plans are the same. My company has 30,000 work related cell phones, so it may have something to do with that.

Dawg
11-02-2007, 05:07 AM
Free texting to everyone on any network... hard to believe. Free texting period is kind of hard to believe. Maybe someone is overlooking something or you have a free texting package that got grandfathered or something. Can you check your plan options and post what you find. I'm interested if you found a way to do this because I know I pay for mine and to my knowledge they don't have any BB plans that "includes" free texting.

I signed on in January when the americas choice plans came out in march is when the free text to anyone started being offered so i switched then. In may is when i added the blackberry to the plan and have had free texting ever since

amarryat
11-02-2007, 06:38 AM
I myself cannot guarantee you but the final customer service rep I talked to ensured me that it was. I was on hold for the majority of my 45 min call for him to check that everything he was saying was correct. He did say that everything is unorganized with these "new" options for Blackberry plans and will be straightened out soon.

P.S. When you click the $44.99 plan it seems to describe BES

Can you confirm that your other apps still work, such as Google Maps, Viigo, etc. or whatever you have installed that uses data? Hopefully you won't end up with the new $1.99-per-MB-used charged on your next bill for using those apps.

d5coupe
11-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Can you confirm that your other apps still work, such as Google Maps, Viigo, etc. or whatever you have installed that uses data? Hopefully you won't end up with the new $1.99-per-MB-used charged on your next bill for using those apps.

They work perfectly, and there is no additional charges.

amarryat
11-02-2007, 08:37 AM
They work perfectly, and there is no additional charges.

I finally got it. This latest rep got me converted over, and did say that the 29.99 plan is unlimited data. The difference is no BES access, but I didn't use that aspect of the data plan anyway. Thanks for all the tips.

JRSCCivic98
11-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Has anyone tried to setup an Exchange OWA account on their BB with this changed plan? I'm interested to know if it works. I'd wager that it probably won't, but I'm basing that completely on how T-Mobile does it's BB plans for BES and BIS. Let us know.

havanese
11-02-2007, 10:23 AM
I just went to my local vz store with a copy of the Internet page showing the new pricing of 29.99.

I told the rep that I wanted to get the new rate (from 44.99 to 29.99). He looked puzzled and say to the other guy behind the desk.

"hey is there a rate cut for unlimited data plans on BB?"

The other guy said " yeah, if it's a BIS acct and not a BES acct".

First guy, "wow that's a big cut in price" - he made the change and I was finished. Now I can take the extra cash and up my home Internet speed from 5 mb to 10 mb. :-)

jsntrenkler
11-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Yep, so far everything works fine. I never used BES, so the change in price is very welcome. Now when they roll out VZ Navigator I can subscribe to it and still pay less than what I was originally paying.

hnsimpson
11-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Just changed mine and my wife's plan to the $29.99 plan...

Thanks to this site, I was able to give the Verizon rep instructions.

Took all of 10 minutes...most of that on hold!

Thanks, Blackberry Forums!

-simpson

newbbuser76
11-02-2007, 02:03 PM
I just contacted our sales rep here and the information on the order sheet for the new plan was:

73618- (O) -EMAIL & WEB FOR BLACKBERRY $29.99

I believe the "73618" is the optional package number. This may help some of you who are ordering.

ojodeazul
11-02-2007, 02:55 PM
I just contacted our sales rep here and the information on the order sheet for the new plan was:

73618- (O) -EMAIL & WEB FOR BLACKBERRY $29.99

I believe the "73618" is the optional package number. This may help some of you who are ordering.

thanks for the code. The rep was arguing with me that I didn't know what I was talking about

jsntrenkler
11-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Amazing that after reading the posts on this site we have so much better information than the Verizon Reps do. I just noticed that my 1400 Minute Americas Choice Plan is $80.00 .. The new Nationwide 1400 Minute Calling Plan is $89.99 .. Glad I didn't have to switch plans.

dtdt
11-03-2007, 04:20 AM
Amazing that after reading the posts on this site we have so much better information than the Verizon Reps do. I just noticed that my 1400 Minute Americas Choice Plan is $80.00 .. The new Nationwide 1400 Minute Calling Plan is $89.99 .. Glad I didn't have to switch plans.

Can you explain the difference, please? I have Americas Choice Plan at $80.00------> should I change to the Nationwide plan? pros/cons?

I'm heading to my local Verizon store first thing in the morning, so I'll let them explain it to me. I'm just hoping they won't be clueless like so many people have indicated on this thread!!! I've dealt with too many under-trained Verizon reps at Verizon stores to have to deal with another one. I can't wait to slap down the "73618" the instant I get the IG......IGNORANCE, THAT IS!!!
Hell, what am I saying? I'm the IG one right now!!

I love this forum.

dtdt
11-03-2007, 04:27 AM
It appears that the only difference is unlimited In-Calling.

Am I still partially IG?

akosnitzky
11-03-2007, 06:10 AM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Has anyone tried to setup an Exchange OWA account on their BB with this changed plan? I'm interested to know if it works. I'd wager that it probably won't, but I'm basing that completely on how T-Mobile does it's BB plans for BES and BIS. Let us know.

That could be an issue.
I don't want to relinquish services.

jsntrenkler
11-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Can you explain the difference, please? I have Americas Choice Plan at $80.00------> should I change to the Nationwide plan? pros/cons?

I'm heading to my local Verizon store first thing in the morning, so I'll let them explain it to me. I'm just hoping they won't be clueless like so many people have indicated on this thread!!! I've dealt with too many under-trained Verizon reps at Verizon stores to have to deal with another one. I can't wait to slap down the "73618" the instant I get the IG......IGNORANCE, THAT IS!!!
Hell, what am I saying? I'm the IG one right now!!

I love this forum.

There is two differences between the Americas Choice Plan and the new National plan. One is price ... For 1400 Minutes its $80 on the Americas Choice, $89 on the National Plan. And the other difference is how they bill data ... On the national plan Mobile Web is now free (for their dumb phones) instead of being a $5 addon ... And now they charge by amount of data vs just charging airtime minutes. Don't let them tell you that you have to change your plan to get the new blackberry plan, you don't! .. It's just a feature change and it's the Blackberry Web & Email Plan $29.99 ... The only difference between it and the $45 plan is you can't use your blackberry on a BES.

rudyo
11-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Can someone please verify that you can in fact use Blackberry Messenger on the new plan? BB messenger uses pin messaging. I am betting it will work, but just want to make sure before I make the switch.

Thanks!

tomtheguitarguy
11-03-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm on the America's Choice Select Family Plan and we have unlimited texting to anyone.

Dawg
11-03-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm on the America's Choice Select Family Plan and we have unlimited texting to anyone.

me too

Dawg
11-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Can someone please verify that you can in fact use Blackberry Messenger on the new plan? BB messenger uses pin messaging. I am betting it will work, but just want to make sure before I make the switch.

Thanks!

bbmessenger is data so it will work

Sarlic
11-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Hi everyone:

I currently have the unlimited dataplan 44.99 with Verizon. On the blackberry website, however, I have been able to set up access to my gmail AND my work e-mail, even though I believe this plan is BIS (is that correct?)

I went up to my local store yesterday to see about switching and they told me that I would not be able to use corporate access/BES on the 29.99 plan, but as far as I know, my current plan is BIS and I still get my work e-mail on it.

So the question is --- would my corporate e-mail work if I still downgraded to 29.99 BIS, like it currently does?

aiharkness
11-04-2007, 07:22 AM
Sarlic, probably only you can say for sure whether you are using BIS or not? Look at your bill and see what you are paying for. But sounds to me from what you say, your BB does not sync PIM info with a corporate server, correct? You set up your work email account same way you would have set up your gmail or any other personal email, correct? If so, your work email will continue provided all you are changing is the price you are paying and not the actual service, and also provided your employer continues to allow access to the email via that method.

JRSCCivic98
11-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Hi everyone:

I currently have the unlimited dataplan 44.99 with Verizon. On the blackberry website, however, I have been able to set up access to my gmail AND my work e-mail, even though I believe this plan is BIS (is that correct?)

I went up to my local store yesterday to see about switching and they told me that I would not be able to use corporate access/BES on the 29.99 plan, but as far as I know, my current plan is BIS and I still get my work e-mail on it.

So the question is --- would my corporate e-mail work if I still downgraded to 29.99 BIS, like it currently does?

I know what you mean by this because this is what I've been asking above on my posts. You've basically setup your work email to get polled by the BIS setup. The problem here is if Verizon has separated the featureset like T-Mobile has on the new plan not to allow Exchange or Lotus Notes "direct server" BIS connection on the new BIS plan then your work email will stop. So far no one has made the change and complained that it's stopped working for them, but then again you're also the first one I've seen post this very valid question. The answer at the moment is unknown, but you could try it and let us know. I will say this. If Verizon has separated their BES and BIS setups "exactly" like T-Mobile has had theirs for a while then you will not be able to get your work email if you drop down to just BIS.

aiharkness
11-04-2007, 11:37 AM
I know what you mean by this because this is what I've been asking above on my posts. You've basically setup your work email to get polled by the BIS setup. The problem here is if Verizon has separated the featureset like T-Mobile has on the new plan not to allow Exchange or Lotus Notes "direct server" BIS connection on the new BIS plan then your work email will stop. So far no one has made the change and complained that it's stopped working for them, but then again you're also the first one I've seen post this very valid question. The answer at the moment is unknown, but you could try it and let us know. I will say this. If Verizon has separated their BES and BIS setups "exactly" like T-Mobile has had theirs for a while then you will not be able to get your work email if you drop down to just BIS.

Serves me right for trying above to answer something I didn't know anything about. But in my defense, I didn't know that I didn't know.

Out of curiosity, if the work email is set up in BIS in the same way as gmail was setup, how does it make a difference? Or was the work email *not* setup in the same way? Or does VZW somehow distinquish where the email is being retrieved?

Ashg
11-04-2007, 06:14 PM
I did the plan fix online without ever having to call CS. No more checking my data usage every day to see when I'm about to hit the 10MB ceiling!

I like what VZW has done for us. For my calling area, they have the best signal and service. I rue the day I move and have to ponder switching!

pattachan
11-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I switched a couple days ago when I picked up a used 8830... had the 44.99 for all of 12 hours... lady tried to put me on the 10mb plan, and I told her it should be unlimited... 20 minutes on hold and she "found it" thank goodness. I've had this thing less then 4 days and have already used about 20mb of data.

JRSCCivic98
11-04-2007, 08:35 PM
Serves me right for trying above to answer something I didn't know anything about. But in my defense, I didn't know that I didn't know.

Out of curiosity, if the work email is set up in BIS in the same way as gmail was setup, how does it make a difference? Or was the work email *not* setup in the same way? Or does VZW somehow distinquish where the email is being retrieved?

If the work email is simply a POP3 setup then it'll still work. If it's not then it won't. So far with T-Mobile I've run into this problem setting up a client that uses MS Exchange, but the server is open to OWA, but not POP3. If they don't activate BES on the cell account the connection won't work when you go in the BIS and try to add the email account. Basically when you setup the account in BIS and you look at the advanced setting for it the email servere reads as one of the follows if it's OWA/Exchange....

http://mail.mydomain.com/exchange
or
https://mail.mydomain.com/exchange

depending on if you're using SSL or not. If it's a simple POP3 account it will read as mail.mydomain.com.

sLpFhaWK
11-04-2007, 09:25 PM
im on the phone w/ verizon right now. and this girl is stupid, i need a direct # for someone who knows wut their talkin about..

Sarlic
11-05-2007, 07:52 AM
If the work email is simply a POP3 setup then it'll still work. If it's not then it won't. So far with T-Mobile I've run into this problem setting up a client that uses MS Exchange, but the server is open to OWA, but not POP3. If they don't activate BES on the cell account the connection won't work when you go in the BIS and try to add the email account. Basically when you setup the account in BIS and you look at the advanced setting for it the email servere reads as one of the follows if it's OWA/Exchange....

http://mail.mydomain.com/exchange
or
https://mail.mydomain.com/exchange

depending on if you're using SSL or not. If it's a simple POP3 account it will read as mail.mydomain.com.

Mine reads https://webmail.[domain].com/exchange

I'm thinking what I might do is switch over to 29.99. If it works, great. If not, I change. Can't hurt to try!

JRSCCivic98
11-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Mine reads https://webmail.[domain].com/exchange

I'm thinking what I might do is switch over to 29.99. If it works, great. If not, I change. Can't hurt to try!

Yeah, it could say anything really depending on how your IT Admin setup the DNS a record (name) for the website. If you do it, please let us all know if it still works for you. You definatly have BIS/Exchange OWA setup and I'm very intersted to know if it'll continue to work for you or not. I know I'll have a lot of clients who will need this info and VZW reps are just too stupid to answer the question correctly. Hell, 90% of them don't even know of the new plan yet and it's been like a week. I just love big companies, don't you.

Keep us posted and THANKS!

Sarlic
11-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Will do. I'm going to upgrade my plan when I pick up the new Pearl this week, so I guess we'll see in 3 days!

Dawg
11-07-2007, 07:25 PM
well after 4 csr reps and two days i finally got the 29.99 plan they all wanted to tell me I had to switch the plan and I didnt take no for an answer.

JRSCCivic98
11-07-2007, 08:52 PM
well after 4 csr reps and two days i finally got the 29.99 plan they all wanted to tell me I had to switch the plan and I didnt take no for an answer.

Wow, 4 reps and 2 days... how's your opinion of that "Superior Support from VZW" now?

Dawg
11-07-2007, 09:16 PM
Still think they were much better than any sprint or att person than i have ever talked to. Its also new rate plans so I will give them a pass. My neighbor is a vzw tech and he stated they hadnt even been trained on them yet. Remember we are getting this info prior to most service centers who may or may not even be vzw employees.

JRSCCivic98
11-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Still think they were much better than any sprint or att person than i have ever talked to. Its also new rate plans so I will give them a pass. My neighbor is a vzw tech and he stated they hadnt even been trained on them yet. Remember we are getting this info prior to most service centers who may or may not even be vzw employees.

Wow... it's amazing how people that work for companies like that don't keep up with stuff. What's even more amazing is that the knowledge is out before these guys even know what's going on. That doesn't say much for big business in this country. Badly run company in my opinion. Sure, it's a BIG company, but the communication channels are seriously botched if these guys aren't getting the info before the public does. More managers need to flood this info down through their departments.

AlexKidd
11-07-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm just reading a few posts here and there - this absolutely cracks me up with the difficulty you guys are having getting switched over, and the continuously changing stories that people keep getting from one rep to the next.

GG VZW! GG!

--Kidd

JRSCCivic98
11-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Yeah, I've had better experiences with TMO support, especially for BB support at that, but their network service is a bit touch and go in my area. I can honestly say that's the only real reason I'm still with VZW.

hnsimpson
11-08-2007, 12:35 AM
I'm just reading a few posts here and there - this absolutely cracks me up with the difficulty you guys are having getting switched over, and the continuously changing stories that people keep getting from one rep to the next.

GG VZW! GG!

--Kidd

Yeah...the customer service reps for VZW were the least informed on this launch. However, even through they were ignorant of the plan the interaction I had with them (mine & my wife's plan) they were courteous and professional.

I just hate being on hold.

-simpson

wabbit
11-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Yeah...the customer service reps for VZW were the least informed on this launch. However, even through they were ignorant of the plan the interaction I had with them (mine & my wife's plan) they were courteous and professional.

-simpson

did they try to switch your voice plan ? dunno one guy i had told me i have to redo my voice plan, i thought he was insane.

Dawg
11-08-2007, 07:16 AM

-simpson

I agree they very very nice and polite unlike any sprint csr i ever talked to. The continually apologized for not knowing. If it wasnt for the code I kept throwing at them I still wouldnt have the 29.99 plan

mat123
11-08-2007, 09:02 AM
For those having problems, just talk your CSR to the web page with the offer. Thats all I had to do! (y)

thesmoothdome
11-08-2007, 09:10 AM
The CSR I spoke to had the switch done in just a few minutes. She knew exactly what I was asking for and assured me that there wouild be no surprise charges for data. She didn't know anything about GPS being enabled though, saying that the public often knows what's going on well before CSRs are apprised of changes.

sonypoolplr
11-08-2007, 09:16 AM
The only problem I had was I had to switch plans in their computer as I was on an older plan that wasn't compatable with the new rate plan. The cost and features are the same, they just have to have a new code in the system so the the $29.99 plan would go through. The girl on the phone did take a few minutes to find the plan but it wasn't that bad.

I haven't really ever had any problems with their customer service.

Dawg
11-08-2007, 09:32 AM
The only problem I had was I had to switch plans in their computer as I was on an older plan that wasn't compatable with the new rate plan. The cost and features are the same, they just have to have a new code in the system so the the $29.99 plan would go through. The girl on the phone did take a few minutes to find the plan but it wasn't that bad.

I haven't really ever had any problems with their customer service.

I had an older plan too and they did there best to make me change and I finally got one who tried but i talked them out of it. Using the code that was supplied earlier in this thread

sonypoolplr
11-08-2007, 06:50 PM
I had an older plan too and they did there best to make me change and I finally got one who tried but i talked them out of it. Using the code that was supplied earlier in this thread

I was going to do that as well until they said that the price and the minutes, etc wouldn't change. I thought they wanted initally wanted me to change to a higher priced plan, but when then they confirmed that everything was staying the same I was OK with it.

zerog46
11-10-2007, 11:55 PM
I was on hold for about 30 minutes to make the change, the csr was very nice and polite. On another note why does every one always bash Verizon, just beacuse of the gps, I just went out and bought a Tom Tom and it works great. Oh well I guess a way to vent.

JRSCCivic98
11-11-2007, 12:06 AM
If you think GPS is the only thing they disable you're kidding yourself.

wabbit
11-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Wirelessly posted (8830: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.0.9751/204; U; en))

I was on hold for about 30 minutes to make the change, the csr was very nice and polite. On another note why does every one always bash Verizon, just beacuse of the gps, I just went out and bought a Tom Tom and it works great. Oh well I guess a way to vent.

Vz gets bashed because they lock phones that from getting mp3, to anything has to be done through get it now for a price. Heck go upload a mp3 off your desktop to a vz phone like a raza. It can't be done and most of vz users think that is natural. The 2nd part comes in they play on this idiotism on their cs who is the last informed of what their buisness / marketing does their cs dep is probably the same cluelessness as the customer on avg they have. This is where most of the hate for vz from. The only good thing that they do have is a voice network but the crap they do is it worth it??

zerog46
11-11-2007, 01:34 AM
Oh I know about all of that I have had Verizon for years I just can't understand why it just won't end if you don't like them don't use them. *** Just talking not trying to start a fight. ********

jsntrenkler
11-11-2007, 02:44 AM
Wirelessly posted (8830: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.0.9751/204; U; en))

Vz gets bashed because they lock phones that from getting mp3, to anything has to be done through get it now for a price. Heck go upload a mp3 off your desktop to a vz phone like a raza. It can't be done and most of vz users think that is natural. The 2nd part comes in they play on this idiotism on their cs who is the last informed of what their buisness / marketing does their cs dep is probably the same cluelessness as the customer on avg they have. This is where most of the hate for vz from. The only good thing that they do have is a voice network but the crap they do is it worth it??

My Blackberry, Wife's Env, Daughters Vx4800 all Play MP3's and are on the Verizon network.

Dawg
11-11-2007, 05:11 AM

I load mp3 ringtones on my wifes 8600 and my son and daughters razors daily from the desktop so make sure you know what you are talking about before letting it spew out.

dtdt
11-15-2007, 05:19 AM
I made the switch today to $29.99, and encountered all of the hangups pointed out here. The rep said, "That's only if you have the 8130. Do you have the 8130??"

My response: "Please transfer me to the 'Data Department'."

Within 20 seconds, I was speaking to a VZW rep who actually new exactly how to switch to the new "unlimited" $29.99 plan, and she apoligized for the dume-moss I was dealing with in the first place.

Don't waste your time: ask to be transferred to the Data Dept. and you'll get results quickly.

JRSCCivic98
11-15-2007, 08:16 AM
I load mp3 ringtones on my wifes 8600 and my son and daughters razors daily from the desktop so make sure you know what you are talking about before letting it spew out.

There's actually some truth in what he says up there. There was a period of time when file transfters were actually turned off on the Razr. Right when they came out if you got it early and through certain channels there was a good chance you'd end up with an unblocked phone (unblocked from file transfers to the phone that is). We got one through one of VZW's resellers, but the very next two firmware releases were definatly locked. Then there was some hubbub from the public against VZW and they turned around and unlocked the file transfers so you could put your own stuff on there. People with certain firmwares were asked to go into a VZW store and ask for the update to unlock them. I know because I had one that was locked. So, there is some truth in there, just not "specifics", but I'm glad I could give you the specifics... ;-)

akosnitzky
11-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Oh I know about all of that I have had Verizon for years I just can't understand why it just won't end if you don't like them don't use them. *** Just talking not trying to start a fight. ********

Its the network. Even though I get a better signal in the middle of the Rocky Mts then I do in the middle of Miami. :-)

deanzam
11-15-2007, 10:58 AM
I'm hoping someone with more extensive knowledge in this matter than me can give me a quick answer. My wife and I currently have the "Blackberry Nationwide Email & Messaging" Plan for 450 minutes. I would like to change the plans to save a little money. If I were to change our plans to one of these plans, would they give me the same service?

One option is each of us changing to a "Nationwide Select" plan with the "Email and Web for Blackberry" plan for $29.99.

The other is to change to a family plan, like the "Nationwide Select Family SharePlan" and each of us get the "Email and Web for Blackberry" plan for $29.99.

Is there any difference in the plans other than the minutes we choose to get from the plans we have now?

Thanks.

Dawg
11-15-2007, 01:10 PM
There's actually some truth in what he says up there. There was a period of time when file transfters were actually turned off on the Razr. Right when they came out if you got it early and through certain channels there was a good chance you'd end up with an unblocked phone (unblocked from file transfers to the phone that is). We got one through one of VZW's resellers, but the very next two firmware releases were definatly locked. Then there was some hubbub from the public against VZW and they turned around and unlocked the file transfers so you could put your own stuff on there. People with certain firmwares were asked to go into a VZW store and ask for the update to unlock them. I know because I had one that was locked. So, there is some truth in there, just not "specifics", but I'm glad I could give you the specifics... ;-)

I understand that but he stated go try to upload a mp3 to a raza, so I was responding to him that I do it. Meaning they arent locked now but the way wabbit put it they were still locked.

akosnitzky
11-15-2007, 02:28 PM
I called about $29.99 data plan. One person said it didnt exist. Another said 10 mb only. I would appreciate if someone can post or PM me on this. Thank you.

To be clear, my intent is sto simply get a plan for a lower rate.

I do poll e-mail from a corporate server and use a work e-mail for send and accept invites.

I am not looking at changing phone plans I don't think.

amarryat
11-15-2007, 02:53 PM
I called about $29.99 data plan. One person said it didnt exist. Another said 10 mb only. I would appreciate if someone can post or PM me on this. Thank you.

I do poll e-mail from a corporate server and use a work e-mail for send and accept invites.

Are you on BES? This plan is for BIS.

Dawg
11-15-2007, 05:22 PM

29,99 for unlimited no BES is correct for BES you have to have the 44.99

floz23
11-15-2007, 05:39 PM
I refer people to this thread.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - The Official NEW Blackberry Data Plans Thread (http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1268870)

I have the new $30 plan, added to an ACII voice plan.

1. This plan will NOT work with BES. BIS only.

2. You do NOT need to have the new voice plan.

3. You do NOT need to have a 8130 Pearl, any Blackberry will do.

4. The feature code which you can use to "inform" the CSR can be found in the thread above.

-Adam

Dawg
11-15-2007, 06:12 PM
I refer people to this thread.

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - The Official NEW Blackberry Data Plans Thread (http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1268870)

I have the new $30 plan, added to an ACII voice plan.

1. This plan will NOT work with BES. BIS only.

2. You do NOT need to have the new voice plan.

3. You do NOT need to have a 8130 Pearl, any Blackberry will do.

4. The feature code which you can use to "inform" the CSR can be found in the thread above.

-Adam

every bit of that info you just posted is already posted on this site in the other vzw bb plan thread we really need to combine the two
http://www.blackberryforums.com/rumor-mill/104883-verizon-blackberry-plan-drop-price.html#post741562

akosnitzky
11-15-2007, 06:51 PM

Are you on BES? This plan is for BIS.

» BIS :-)

zaakir
11-15-2007, 07:13 PM
Just migrated from nextel to sprint. I bought a palm centro. however, I'm thinking about switching to the 8830 before my 30 days are up. The sales rep had the brochures with the new $30 BB plan in them, no problem.

dtdt
11-16-2007, 04:39 AM

Dude, read the whole post before repeating questions that have already been asked and answered.

akosnitzky
11-16-2007, 08:41 AM
Dude, read the whole post before repeating questions that have already been asked and answered.

HMMMM.

I wasn't going to respond to you but I guess I will.

The thread is so mixed with differing responses and since some items have evolved over the past few days, I thought I would ask the question. Corp e-mail has different meanings to at least me.

I hope that is okay with you.

Dawg
11-16-2007, 09:47 AM

Dude chill out I can understand him asking more questions since there are two seperate threads all the inof isnt in one location.

I am the first to blast people for not researching but I understand why he did this and I didnt mind helping a known/longtime user.

And hes right the thread has been evolving daily.

Now go have a glass of water and leave the expresso alone.

akosnitzky
11-16-2007, 10:17 AM
Dude chill out I can understand him asking more questions since there are two seperate threads all the inof isnt in one location.

I am the first to blast people for not researching but I understand why he did this and I didnt mind helping a known/longtime user.

And hes right the thread has been evolving daily.

Now go have a glass of water and leave the expresso alone.

Thank you Dawg. I am now going to have to root against KY this week. :smile:

Dawg
11-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Thank you Dawg. I am now going to have to root against KY this week. :smile:

No worrys it the new kinder dawg.

jsntrenkler
11-16-2007, 11:34 AM
No worrys it the new kinder dawg.

The kinder dog? ... Nah, you've always been a nice guy.

Dawg
11-16-2007, 11:48 AM
The kinder dog? ... Nah, you've always been a nice guy.

you haven't been here long enough to know the other me lol. 8-) But thanks for the compliment