PDA

View Full Version : The Pearl

jbnewengland
10-13-2007, 08:09 PM
I have been using a BB device for years. Always have had a full QWERTY. I carry a BB for business and a Razor for personal. I have been dying to switch to one device and Pearl seems to have what I'm looking for. I have tried to use the half keyboard and must say it has been a little awkward. I really need some advice from users that moved from a full QWERTY to a Pearl and recommend to me what I should do.

juwaack68
10-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Welcome to the forums.

The Pearl uses SureType technology, and once you get used to it you can type pretty fast. With SureType you only have to press a key once while spelling a word and when you get to the END of the word you'll have the word you want (95-98% of the time, there are exceptions).

You'll have to be a good speller, and I recommend NOT looking at the screen until you get to the end of a word or sentence. Do not correct words WHILE you're typing them. You'll get frustrated and want to throw the device against the wall.

John Clark
10-13-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm much faster on a SureType keyboard than a Qwerty keyboard. Once you get the hang of it you'll like it.

ezrunner
10-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Yes I used a pearl for about a month after 5 days I was flying on it with my typing! I want it back!

rjw3000
10-14-2007, 08:14 PM
Why not look at the Curve, it's about the size of a RAZR and has a full keyboard.