11-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Solon, OH, USA
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well if you've done all of that, including wiping the handheld, deleting the user from BES (making sure the user profile document is gone from the BES, and deleting the state datebase), then re-registering and activating the user, and the problem persists, the problem may lie with the mail file itself, or with access to the mail file.
1. check that ID file being used by the BES had Manager and Delete Documents rights to the ACL of the user's mail file.
2. Run the fixup, updall -R, and compact tasks against the user's mail file.
3. Does the user have a lot of documents in hi/her ($Inbox) view. A lot would be >1000 documents. Or does the user have a lot of folders/views? If so, suggest creating a Full-Text index (with default settings) for the user, and see if that helps.
4. If that fails, maybe take a new copy (File, Database, New Copy) or a new Replica of the mail file.
5. I've also seen weird problems where a user may have a corrupt ($Inbox) view, or even worse, the user has two ($Inbox) views. Strange, but it does happen. You have to open the user's mail file with the IBM/Lotus Notes Designer client to see that.
Do you see any OTAFM requests in the Miscellaneous Events View of the Notes log on the BES server for the user when a delete or read reconcile is manually requested? i'm wondering if you are seeing any OTAFMs at all for this user. Do any of those OTAFM entries in the log have error messages?
Domino 7.0.4FP1 | BES 4.1.6 MR-7 | 42 handhelds
Last edited by Aroc : 11-08-2007 at 10:25 AM.