11-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IF you are going from 5.01, why are you going to 7.0? There are a lot of fixes (close to 300 or maybe more) that are addressed in 7.02 FP2.
I would perform the following (some are the steps you mentioned).
1. Have a good backup, the latest if possible (Perform a FULL the day / night you plan to do this).
2. Remove the BES line from the notes.ini
3. Quit the Domino Server
4. Put all BES and Lotus Domino Windows Services to Manual.
5. Reboot the server so you can start with a clean install.
6. Install ND 7.0x
7. delete any templates / replace with custom if you use any.
8. Reboot the Server
9. Start Lotus Domino and choose if you want to upgrade the design.
10. Start all BES Services and put it back to Automatic
11. Once its up and running, type "Load bes" on the domino console.
12. Put back the BES line in the notes.ini server tasks line.
13. Test Sending, Receiving Internal and External Email, Attachments, etc.
That is what I would do and I would document this process into an SPR to ensure I can use it for the future.
Once everything is up and running, go through the read-me of SP4 and see if this is an upgrade you would consider doing (give it some time to ensure your ND Server is stable).