Originally Posted by juwaack68
Welcome to the forums.
Before you get too far, I would HIGHLY
recommend upgrading from 3.6 to 4.1.4 since RIM will not be supporting any pre-4.1 versions after Jan 31, 2008.
As for adding a user, the BES doesn't care where a user is located geographically. I have users from China on my BES in the US, but only because their Outlook account is also here in the US.
You just add them like you add any other user.
Hmm well not quite actually - remember he's installed a stoneage BES that doesn't support EA.
AJ - I'm interested - if this is a fresh install of BES how did you end up on such an old version - is this what you were sold - if so you were ripped...
To answer your question
1) You add them to the BES
2) They NEED THEIR SIM CARD TO BE ACTIVATED ON THE ENTERPRISE PLAN
3) They need the desktop manager installed on their laptop (comes with the device)
4) The user then needs to be able to collect their exchange email (e.g. VPN to LAN or similar)
5) Then runs the DM software and cables the device to his desktop
6) Make sure the port detection is set to USB and then the sw should recognise new device and prompt for the mouse to be moved to generate the encyption key etc..
eventually it may work. If you have a 4.0 or 4.1 BES you could replace steps 3-6 with setting an activartion password on the BES and then the end-user entering their email address/PW combo in the device...