Please help a newbie! blocked
I have a Blackberry 8100 on Orange UK. Up until recently I used BIS. I chnaged my account to a business account and now have BES enabled on my SIM. I have phoned to check BIS is off and BES is on. Although, Orange didnt seem too knowledgable.
I can get the phone to work, send / recieve email / calender etc but only when connected to the BES via USB. It wont activate wirelessly or send / recieve. I get the red X and Message Status: Service blocked.
I have wiped the Blackberry several times now as I thought the old BIS services may have still been on it.
I am no expert on this at all but my gut instinct tells me Orange havent got my account setup properly.
Is there anything you guys / girls could suggest for me to try before trying Orange again?
Look forward to hearing from you.
I would speak to your current local provider first just to be sure but it sounds like you have to call RIM and have them unblock your imei and pin from their system side.
It sounds to me like you may need to reactivate on your BES. BES and BIS can work together, so I doubt it's that. Call your IT department and have them reactivate you. Also, make sure your plan is provisioned properly.
I'm a little confused with what has happened so let me get this straight.
You installed a BES server at home/work and updated your Cellular provider "Orange" to allow your handheld to be used with your new BES.
You haven't been able to activate the handheld wirelessly.
Now you can only make a phone call, if the cell phone is connected via USB to the BES server? This alone seems extremely weird.
many thanks for the advice, I will contact RIM tomor and check,
sorry for the confusion.
I used to use BIS with my 8100. I have now got a BES server on Exchange in the office. I contacted Orange who have put me on BES.
The phone functions (calls and sms) work fine.
I can only get email and calender to work when plugged into the BES via USB. Nothing works wirelessly. I had to activate when plugged in. If I send an email when plugged in it works. But when unplugged I get the message as above re blocked.
It really sounds like you don't have the right data plan. this happens to us all the time. The best solution is to call your carrier's support and have them verify the data plan is right. I generally just tell them to remove and re-add the plan so that it gets applied correctly.
Do another (wireless) Enterprise Activation.
If the EA fails, you need to call Orange and confirm that they have enabled Corporate BlackBerry data services.
Another test - are there any Orange BB users in your office whose BES devices DO work? If so, put your SIM into their BB. If their BB stops sending mail, then you KNOW the problem is the data plan on your SIM.
Service blocked means that you do not have the proper plan from your carrier. Contact Orange UK, they haven't set you up correctly.
You still have the BIS plan so PIN should work and you would work while wired to the BES via USB.
If you contact RIM they check your plan from the carrier and from there you can be sure that Orange UK didn't set you up correctly.
I used to contact the carrier with the customer on hold to ensure that the plan would be updated correctly or at least get them to see their error. It's not a required thing at RIM but I would rather spend 10 minutes on hold at Orange then have a customer get bounced around by their carrier.
Just ask the rep at RIM to contact the carrier while you wait on hold. You could also be paying for the plan but not actually have it, from what I understand they are 2 different systems.
One is billing and the other is called Provisioning. I know that some carriers do not allow reps access to Provisioning so they look at billing and tell you that you have the right plan even though you're actually provisioned for it.
Keep pushing the carrier and you'll get everything straightened out.
It turned out Orange was to blame after several frustrating phone calls. They had billed me for it but did not have the provisioning setup. I was doubting my BES setup on Exchange and removed it / set it up again. Wiped the phone on multiple occasions. All for nothing, but at least it was a lesson learned. Thanks for everyones help.
Nice to know the result and you have it all sorted!
And once again it shows that EA failing is nearly always incorrect provisioning of the mobile account by the carrier. :smile:
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.