01-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For Notes/ Domino:
- Feb release; Notes 8 support: Encrypted attachment viewing support; New
policies that let you control GPS/Bluetooth access; 64 bit OS support
- Rich content email rendering (rich text and html, embedded images and
tables); font, paragraph, bullets formatting (notes doclinks in version
- Remote email search and download (search more then what is local on your
device and then download what you find).
- Calendar free/busy lookup.
- Can download attachments in their native format. Can edit word/ppt docs,
soon excel. Uses DataViz's Documents to Go technology. Requires v4.5+
handheld device software (coming in spring).
- Sametime blackberry client improvements: integrate IM contacts with your
address book contacts. Click-to-Call from IM list or in a chat. Change
presence status from BB home menu.
* OTA (wireless) operating system upgrading! To get there, link people to
the web desktop and get them to 4.5 handheld code (spring). After that,
* BES Monitoring Service: monitoring, reporting, alerting, troubleshooting
- looks nice. Available as a download when 4.1.5 comes out.
* Lots of focus in future on further integrating voice with blackberry.
With your internal pbx. Easily tranfer call from office phone to BB.
Later - When you dock your blackberry in office it becomes your "office
phone". Need to buy Ascendent voice mobility suite.
* BES 5 (code name Argon):
- High availabilty, active/passive automatic failover design (shared SRP
key). Supports domino clustering to keep state DBs in sync. SQL clustering
for bes config db.
- BAS (admin client) fully rewritten and web based.
- Enhanced groups and roles; users can belong to multiple groups; nested
- Scheduled tasks and deployments; built-in throttling
- Much better application deployment tools