01-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Knows Where the Search Button Is
Join Date: Dec 2007
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Wireless activation
Please Login to Remove!
Can anybody give me required steps to perform a wireless enterprise activation. I am testing a situation when a user loses her device and find the same or buys a different BB device.
The steps I took are as under
1.Using BB Manager, Selected a user, right click and then Erase Data and Disable the Handheld
2. Created a reactivation password.
3. Data from the device has been destroyed.
4. Started the BB device. Went through the setup process
5. Got to the point where EMAIL setup is done, provided the email address (domino) and the activation password
6. The system showed a message "activating", and on the BES, user status says initializing
7. The device gives a message saying that IT requires that the device be attached with the Desktop Manager. Activation not done.
8. Attached the device to the computer running BB Manager, and selected the user, right click, assign device
9. Activation started and completed
10. Ran BB desktop Manager and perform a synch for PIM data.
Why the wireless activation did not go through?