Originally Posted by brewer82
After messing around for a while I was able to get things running again by revalidating the SRP and then changing the servername to something else.
Don't know why that worked but it did. Thanks for the help - it did point me in the right direction and all is working good.
Now I just have to figure out the new look and feel
In the process of upgrading and moving to a new box, did you:
- Upgrade the old box & ensure it continues to run properly.
- Shut down old box
- Rename it to OLD-BESServerName
- Bring up the new box and rename it to ORIGINAL-BESServerName
- Install the same BES version 4.1.4
- Enter SRP & CAL info
- Point to the BESMgmt DB on your SQL server
- Start all services on the new box
That (in a brief nutshell) should do it for you without having to come up with any new names or re-validate SRP; risking a disconnect.