BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 68
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Changes made in BB Calendar do not sync with Outlook

Please Login to Remove!

I have a feeling this is a CDO.DLL issue, BUT I have one problem.

We are running both Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003. I'm scared if I put the Exchange 2003 CDO.DLL on the BB server that it will break Blackberry because we set up our BES with Exchange 5.5

Any insight?
Offline  
Old 02-01-2008, 08:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
hdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg
Posts: 6,632
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Moving to BES Admin Corner ...
Offline  
Old 02-01-2008, 08:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
hdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg
Posts: 6,632
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

You need to get the tools upgraded on the BES. The version of the Exchange tools should be at or above the highest version you have installed on any Exchange server in your environment that has BES users.
Offline  
Old 02-01-2008, 08:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 68
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg View Post
You need to get the tools upgraded on the BES. The version of the Exchange tools should be at or above the highest version you have installed on any Exchange server in your environment that has BES users.
With the Blackberry Server Configuration tool I see that our BES is pointing towards our 5.5 server. Will it not break BES by upgrading to the Exchange 2003 CDO.DLL/System Manager?
Offline  
Old 02-01-2008, 08:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
hdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg
Posts: 6,632
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

So you've got 2003 & 5.5 and you still have your BESAdmin account located on the 5.5 server? What version of 5.5 and what version of 2003 ... give this a gander too: 5.5 to 2003 migration ... do you have this planned?

... and YES, move your BESAdmin mailbox to the 2003 server and upgrade your components ... do any of the users on your 5.5 server have problems with syncing not working properly?
Offline  
Old 02-01-2008, 12:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 68
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg View Post
So you've got 2003 & 5.5 and you still have your BESAdmin account located on the 5.5 server? What version of 5.5 and what version of 2003 ... give this a gander too: 5.5 to 2003 migration ... do you have this planned?

... and YES, move your BESAdmin mailbox to the 2003 server and upgrade your components ... do any of the users on your 5.5 server have problems with syncing not working properly?
We don't have any actual users in our 5.5 environment. To be honest I have no clue why we're still using it...I'm not going to pester my boss about it
Offline  
Old 02-01-2008, 12:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
hdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg
Posts: 6,632
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFace View Post
We don't have any actual users in our 5.5 environment. To be honest I have no clue why we're still using it...I'm not going to pester my boss about it
That is the exact opposite of what I would recommend doing ... especially if you have to support / manage it. Ah well. Move your BESAdmin mailbox to Exchange 2003 and then upgrade the tools on the BES.
Offline  
Old 02-01-2008, 12:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular
Posts: 68
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg View Post
That is the exact opposite of what I would recommend doing ... especially if you have to support / manage it. Ah well. Move your BESAdmin mailbox to Exchange 2003 and then upgrade the tools on the BES.
I will discuss the situation with him. I am unsure of the exact reason we are keeping a mixed mode environment but I know he has a reason for it. Thanks for your help!
Offline  
Old 02-01-2008, 12:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
hdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg
Posts: 6,632
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'd love to know why too ... can't see why you'd keep an old unsupported platform in production ...
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.