BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2008, 03:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone uk
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Dispatcher\SRP Connection dropped

Please Login to Remove!

SRP connection seems to drop every few seconds? please help.
Offline  
Old 02-04-2008, 04:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
noname's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Congested Islet of "Foreign Talents" (> 45% of workforce) - Singapore.
Model: Z10
OS: 10.0.0
PIN: NUKE(PAP)
Carrier: Singtel
Posts: 1,504
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Check errors for the Windows EVT application log for "BlackBerry Dispatcher". Also check the MAGT log. SRP connection issues are always related to network or firewall ones... they can be at your end or at RIM's end.
__________________
Native but 4th class citizen of a nation governed by idiots who import congestions & contention.
Offline  
Old 02-04-2008, 05:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone uk
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname View Post
Check errors for the Windows EVT application log for "BlackBerry Dispatcher". Also check the MAGT log. SRP connection issues are always related to network or firewall ones... they can be at your end or at RIM's end.
Thanks noname. i have checked MAGT and pinged srp domain. i read somewhere that if it connect/disconnect more than 5 times/min RIM will disable your SRP. if thats the case how can reactivate again?

here is what i dont understand though:
my boss's BB works fine, it doesnt SYN with outlook either ways but the emails are pushed to the handset without any problem.

please help.
Offline  
Old 02-04-2008, 06:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
hdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg
Posts: 6,632
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tndfr View Post
Thanks noname. i have checked MAGT and pinged srp domain. i read somewhere that if it connect/disconnect more than 5 times/min RIM will disable your SRP. if thats the case how can reactivate again?

here is what i dont understand though:
my boss's BB works fine, it doesnt SYN with outlook either ways but the emails are pushed to the handset without any problem.

please help.
If it does get disabled / locked out you can call RIM to have them unlock it. If your boss is getting BES connected email then this wouldn't be the case.

What isn't syncing? PIM Data? email isn't reconciling? Is the BES on its own server? On an Exchange server? Domain Controller? ... some more details please.
Offline  
Old 02-04-2008, 07:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone uk
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg View Post
If it does get disabled / locked out you can call RIM to have them unlock it. If your boss is getting BES connected email then this wouldn't be the case.

What isn't syncing? PIM Data? email isn't reconciling? Is the BES on its own server? On an Exchange server? Domain Controller? ... some more details please.
email isn't reconciling( cant delete either ways even though all the option in the handheld and server)
BES on own server.
Same domain controller.
email are going to my boss's handheld without any problems, but no reconciliation.

how can i contact RIM is there a link or a phone number?

thanks
Offline  
Old 02-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Model: 8820
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 85
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tndfr View Post

how can i contact RIM is there a link or a phone number?

thanks
You have to have a tsupport contract
and tsupport number

phone number is 877-255-2377
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.