I've been troubleshooting this for a couple of days, and am running out of ideas. I'm hoping someone here might be able to help shed some light on this.
We're running BlackBerry Professional 4.1 on a Windows 2003 Server, and Exchange 2007 with it's built-in anti-spam filtering on a separate machine. Junk filtering is enabled on the user's Exchange mailbox. I verified last night by shutting down the user's Outlook client and logging in via Outlook Web Access this AM - and junk WAS filtered to his Junk E-Mail folder.
I've also made the registry change to allow a 45 second processing delay on the BlackBerry server.
However, the user continues to get all his spam on his BlackBerry. I checked the BlackBerry server configuration, and his user is set to receive Inbox email only. I also checked his BlackBerry device configuration, and 'hide filed messages' is ON.
I'm at a loss here, because I don't think spam should be hitting his Inbox, and I don't think it should be getting to his BlackBerry - but it is.
Anyone have an similar experiences? Any suggestions?
Not sure if helps or not, but when I have Exchange Cached Mode turned on for my account, mail hits my BB about 10 seconds before my Outlook Inbox unless I hard send/receive in Oulook. Haven't noticed if this affects how much junk hits my BB...
I'm having a similiar problem with a customer of mine and this may rule out a few things here for you.
We have our hardware parameter security unit with anti-spam filtering setup on his network before his Exchange server and his BES. Now I haven't got much info on his setup like version and what not but I will get it soon (I'm waiting on the customer); however, he states that his Exchange server doesn't get the spam (which means the unit filters it); however, his Blackberry device(s) receive spam.
we have a spam box that sits on top of exchange. however, the way email works (don't know why or how), it will flow through, spam box, then BES, then exchange. what i did was apply a filter in the BES software to filter out all spam messages so that they do not reach the phones. that solved my issue.