Originally Posted by vhato
So, to help us all out in future updates...
Can you identify anything you did differently during the 4.1.3-sp4-mr4 install/upgrade process that allowed for the successful install?
What I did differently this time around was I kept Task Manager opened and had "setup.exe" highlighted.
Why this was important to me: The first time around my server "hanged" on the DB upgrade and I couldn't do anything with my server (the cpu usage locked at 100%... damn you SQL *squinty*). I assumed the server was totally unusable and rebooted it. After that, it was constant headaches getting sp4 to update properly.
Once I reverted back to 4.1.3 with the restored BESMgmt database, I tried the update to sp4 again. I kept task manager opened this time and locked on Setup.exe.
Server started to react the exact same way as before (100% cpu usage and couldn't do anything... appeared to be locked up on something)... I then noticed that setup.exe was hovering between 90-99% cpu time. As long as the number kept fluctuating, I knew my server was working overtime lol.
Waited about 20 minutes to let it go through this time. After the db upgrade passed properly, the rest of the update went through in a breeze.