Originally Posted by islanman
I've searched the forums on this issue, and have a few things that I'd like to clarify with the experienced folks.
We have BES 4.1.2 (Bundle 47) running with Exch2k3 SP1. Both servers are running Windows 2003 SP1. We want to upgrade to Exch2k3 SP2 and Win2k3 SP2 on both boxes. I also want to upgrade to BES 4.1.4, with the latest MR patch (MR 5?).
Is this the right order to proceed with our upgrade/patching? 0. Backup BES/Exch boxes, databases, configurations, etc
1. Install BES 4.1.4 patch on BES. Install Win2k3 SP2 on BES.
2. Install Exch2k3 SP2 on Exch2k3. Install Win2k3 SP2 on Exch.
3. Copy CDO.dll from Exch2k3 to BES, ensure proper perms, etc.
4. Install latest BES MR patch on BES.
Can anyone provide guidance/pitfalls/caveats to my approach???
Thanks in advance.
I would do this:
2) Upgrade to Exchange 2003 SP2 on both servers; and then apply all Exchange hotfixes. Then make sure the version of cdo.dll and mapi32.dll match
3) Make sure messages are flowing and calendar changes are syncing both ways
4) Apply SP4
5) Spot check to make sure everything is working
6) Apply MR5
7) more detailed spot check as you're done with your BES upgrades at this point
8) Install Windows Server 2003 SP2
9) Full functionality test