Set up new BES, with exchange, new to all this, cannot send emails.
I'm very new to all of this so please bear with me. I have tried searching throughout the forums, but, as of yet, i haven't found exactly my problem.
I set up the free BES server on our exchange server which allows one user to use one device. The BB we have is an 8300, i activated this with BES via USB. It synched fine and it can receive all new emails, however it cannot send them. Coming up with a copy of the email with a red cross in the inbox. I followed the online video installation step by step and i can't see where i've gone wrong. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Explicitly grant BESAdmin service account permission to send as a mailbox owner.
Follow these steps:
1. Start the Active Directory Users and Computers management console.
2. On the View menu, make sure that the Advanced Features option is selected. If this option is not selected, the Security page will not be visible for User account objects.
3. Open the properties of the user account that owns the mailbox.
4. Click the Security tab.
5. If the BESAdmin is not already in the list of group or user names, add the BESAdmin account that should have the Send As permission for this user.
6. In the Permissions box, click Allow for the "Send As" permission for the appropriate account.
7. Click OK.
Thanks for the quick response. I have granted those permissions and the phone still cannot send. How long does it take for those permissions to come into affect? It's as if the phone isn't even trying...
Finally got it working, thank you everybody!! Much more helpful than RIM!!
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.