BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2008, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sacramento
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default "Permission settings have become more restrictive", after GW 4.1.4 SP4 upgrade

Please Login to Remove!

We have two BES Servers on the same Blackberry Domain. One is running 4.0.7 with 276 users, the other one 4.1.3 with 4 users.
We've recently installed SP4 for GroupWise on the 4.1.3 server and during the installation, SP4 upgraded our database server. This database server is shared with the 2 BES Servers. Also, during the installation, we enabled MDS service in case one day we may need it. MDS is running but we have not done anything with it yet.

Other than the DB upgrade and MDS running idle in the background, we have not made any changes to our 4.0.7 server.

However, after upgrading SP4 for GroupWise, nearly ALL of our users are receiving the message "Permission settings have become more restrictive" and the device requires a restart. I understand if it pops up once, but many users are getting it up to 4 times a day. We called up RIM and sent them our server logs but after a few hours, the best resolution they gave me was to reinstall BES without MDS.

Does anyone else have anything better than this? Thannks in advance.
Offline  
Old 04-04-2008, 02:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Montreal
Model: 8300
Carrier: Telus/Bell/Rogers
Posts: 59
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi,

I had some issue when installing the 4.1 with MDS and they also suggested to install without MDS... I think but not sure that you can install BES normal version and do a MDS install later... but not sure.
Offline  
Old 04-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sacramento
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Uninstalling is our last resort. I hope we find something better than this.
Offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 10:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sacramento
Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Posts: 7
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

After talking to RIM some more, he suggested I try removing the DST2007 software configuration for a couple of minutes, then reapplying it. So far... it didn't seem to work because a few are still getting it, while a few has stopped getting it. Seems like a temp fix.... he also said try re-register with the network under host routing table. Going to give it some more time for that to see if it works...
Offline  
Old 04-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
CrackBerry Addict
 
mahoward's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile
Posts: 560
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

This message is usually received when a change to the IT policy is made, or when a software configuration is assigned which has an associated application policy tied to it. I would unassign any software configs first, if it still doesn't go away try assigning the 'default' IT policy to the users to see if that helps. Check your POLC logs for information on why these policy changes are happening.
__________________
BESX 4.1.7 on Exchange 2003: 65 Devices
BESX 5.0.3 on Exchange 2003: 2007 Devices
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.