BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2008, 08:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Model: 7100i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 47
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default BES 4.1 & New Replacement Device?

Please Login to Remove!

I have a BES 4.1 server and one of my users is getting a new replacement phone. I am attempting to replace an old BB7510 with a new i7100. The new phone is activated but I cannot complete the enterprise activation & I think its because the PIN #'s are different on the BES server. On the BES, the user account shows the old PIN & my question is how to I get it to show the new PIN? Or, how do I get this new i7100 activated with the BES server to replace the old 7510?
Offline  
Old 04-07-2008, 08:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

At what point does the EA fail?
Have you reviewed this document?
BlackBerry Search Results

The PIN of the new device will update in the BES database once the device is successfully activated.
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org
Offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 09:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Model: Z10
OS: 10.1.0.19
Carrier: Fido
Posts: 1,068
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLumCrazy09 View Post
The new phone is activated but I cannot complete the enterprise activation
What is this supposed to mean? You mean provider provisioning was done?
Offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 09:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint, Alltel
Posts: 262
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Are you trying to activate wirelessly or through the USB cable?
Offline  
Old 04-09-2008, 08:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Model: 7100i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 47
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Update. I have the EA completed and can send/receive emails & phone calls. I did it wirelessly and now the only problem appears to be that none of my global address book users in Exchange have come over to the new device and none of the PPT users that were setup on the old device are on the new device. I have a SIM copier but it does not work with the BB's.

Any idea's on how to get my Global Address Book sync'd & how to get all my PPT users on the new device without having to do them manually?

-Scott
Offline  
Old 04-09-2008, 08:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
hdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg
Posts: 6,632
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLumCrazy09 View Post
Update. I have the EA completed and can send/receive emails & phone calls. I did it wirelessly and now the only problem appears to be that none of my global address book users in Exchange have come over to the new device and none of the PPT users that were setup on the old device are on the new device. I have a SIM copier but it does not work with the BB's.

Any idea's on how to get my Global Address Book sync'd & how to get all my PPT users on the new device without having to do them manually?

-Scott
The GAL does not sync with a BB. You'd need a 3rd party product to do this. Not sure how the PTT (I'm assuming your PPT was a typo) data comes over. Did you backup the device prior to swapping?
Offline  
Old 04-09-2008, 08:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Model: 7100i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 47
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes, the old device was backed up. Should I use the USB cable and the device manager on the PC to sync everything? I thought I could do it all wirelessly with the i7100 but maybe I need to connect it with the USB cable first.

I'm confused.

-Scott
Offline  
Old 04-09-2008, 09:03 AM   #8 (permalink)
BlackBerry Genius
 
hdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Model: hdawg
PIN: port3101.org
Carrier: hdawg
Posts: 6,632
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLumCrazy09 View Post
Yes, the old device was backed up. Should I use the USB cable and the device manager on the PC to sync everything? I thought I could do it all wirelessly with the i7100 but maybe I need to connect it with the USB cable first.

I'm confused.

-Scott
The GAL will not sync wirelessly; BES does not currently support this functionality natively. I'm not sure if the PTT stuff needs to be done wired ... but that would appear to be the case.
Offline  
Old 04-09-2008, 12:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Knows Where the Search Button Is
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Model: 7100i
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Posts: 47
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg View Post
The GAL will not sync wirelessly; BES does not currently support this functionality natively. I'm not sure if the PTT stuff needs to be done wired ... but that would appear to be the case.
So if I cannot sync the GAL wirelessly, do I need to connect this i7100 with the USB cable at the users PC & do a sync with device manager on the PC?
Offline  
Old 04-09-2008, 12:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
BlackBerry God
 
penguin3107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW
Posts: 11,701
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 237 Times in 219 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLumCrazy09 View Post
So if I cannot sync the GAL wirelessly, do I need to connect this i7100 with the USB cable at the users PC & do a sync with device manager on the PC?
The GAL doesn't sync to the device at all. You'd need third party software to allow for something like that.
Only the user's personal address book will sync.

The GAL is easily accessed via the 'Lookup' feature on the device.
__________________
BCSA
BES 5.0.3 MR4 :-: Exchange 2007 SP3 RU3
http://port3101.org
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.