BlackBerry Forums Support Community               

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2008, 08:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Posts: 1
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Address lookups have stoped working for a few users, Please help

Please Login to Remove!

Hi

This is my first post,

We have a blackberry enterprise server connecting to Exchange 2003,
It was all running ok until recently, 3 users can no longer do address lookups when they send an email from their device to the GAL. It could be more users but only 3 have reported it. I have very limited knowledge on BES but can anyone point me in the right direction on how to resolve this.

i have already read about a Registry key called AllowAddressLookup = 1 and i have added this and restarted the services but this did not fix the problem.

Thanks.
Offline  
Old 04-10-2008, 10:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint, Alltel
Posts: 262
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

What version of BES? You can try resending the service books.
Offline  
Old 04-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Model: Z10
OS: 10.1.0.19
Carrier: Fido
Posts: 1,068
Post Thanks: 6
Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Restart of BES services or server itself usually solves it.
Offline  
Old 04-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Land of OZ
Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon
Posts: 126
Post Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

have had this happen to my users before. For us, it typically comes along with the BB Browser not cooperating. Called RIM on it. They had me stop the Policy & Synch services & restart them. Most of the time this will take care of it. If the services don't do the trick, then I have to stop BES & reboot the server.

I've also found that lookups fail (sometimes) when a user needs a new encryption key generated.
Offline  
Old 04-12-2008, 01:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Model: 8820
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers/AT&T
Posts: 10
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Look in your Application Logs (Event Viewer) and see what errors are being thrown for those 3 users.

Provide some environments about your machine that the BES is running on. (OS, Version numbers, etc.)

Provide an approximate time this started happening.

Did anything change in the environment prior to the users losing access to GAL lookups?
Even if you think it is a minor change, it could have an impact.
Offline  
Old 04-14-2008, 06:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Model: 8100
Carrier: 02
Posts: 149
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I would first establish if this affects all users or just a few. Test the lookup feature on your blackberry if this works for you but fails for the the 3 users.

Get the user to goto Options > ADvanced Options > Service books on the blackberry
Scroll to DESKTOP [ALP] Which is the desktop Active Lookup protocol and delete.

From the bes server
Right click the user in question > IT Admin > Resend Service book.

Then right click the users properties > It Admin and click Refresh status. keep clicking refresh until Service book was sent successfullly.

Then get the user to test lookup again..

PS If you want you can just resend the service books without getting the user to delete them.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On





Copyright 2004-2014 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.