Thank you for the reply.
I closed the firewall ports a long while back - I should have noted that in my last post.
I've already been through the "BlackBerry Wireless Enterprise Activation Technical Overview White Paper" but it doesn't really have much that addresses this situation. I can't find anything in the logs that indicates that anything is wrong, (nor do I see anything in the logs that it is processing the etp.dat message either.) The account is provisioned for enterprise support.
One thing I did note was that this email account had two Exchange SMTP addresses: (eg
). The "yyy" was marked as primary, but BES picked up "xxx" as the one it associated - I presume because just because it was first. To make sure this wasn't the problem, I deleted the user, took out the "xxx" - recreated the BES user to associate with "yyy" and then re-entered the "xxx" address in ADCU. It didn't seem to help.
Anyhow I'm tossing in the towel and going to attempt a wired sync to do the activation. I have another client with the exact same setup (even the same carrier: AT&T) and I've had no problems at all getting that one going. There's just something broken here I can't find. If that doesn't work I'll make a fresh post.