BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2008, 11:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thumbs Must Hurt
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Model: z10
Carrier: T-mobile
Posts: 79
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Wierd Issue Calander/Activations and with BES/Exchange

Please Login to Remove!

Ok gonna need a little background on this i think.

I work for a fairly large global company. The admin I replaced was also the Blackberry Admin. This Server was a VM running with a MSDE database handling roughly 300 users and had been upgraded since version 2.1. Since I took over we increased to nearly 600 users. This old VM was dying a painful and slow death!

So I built a new beefy physical server utilizing SQL 2005 and migrated/reactivated all the users to it.

Everythings been pretty good except for a occasional issue but pretty stable.

Now our company was bought out by another huge fish and pretty much swallowing us whole.

So for the past 3 weeks we have been dealing with the merge such as.

Setup Forest/domain Trusts
Imported thier GAL into our system and ours to them.
Setup DNS to be able to resolve thiers stuff and vice versa.

Now here is where things start getting strange.

Recently (past week or 2) activations are getting stuck at 56% or 98% on the Time Zone Intializing stage and never completing. Several attempts seem to eventually get it but requires multiple wipes and deleting the account and re-adding it to the BES.

I was also getting a number of users complaining about Calander sync issues.

So the research started and checking the Event logs and noticing several errors with Blackberry.

Unable to save configuration settings or statistics
GetNewMovedMessages() failed
ReloadPagerConfig() failed
MAPIMailbox::RescanPIMItems - GetProps (0x80004005) failed
RequestHandler::HandleITADMINDataCommand - ITPolicy Fail Ack for the command SET_IT_POLICY_COMMAND, ErrorCode 0x3, ErrorText "2" - Processing packet, Tag=13710
[code][SYNC-DSession] Invalid packet from device, abort the current session.
[SERVICE_RELAY_SESSION:Sxxxxxxxxx:00983850] Service transaction not found. SERVICESESSION_TAG=7977283
ResolveNamesMAPI ResolveName(1) succeeded, but list does not contain EntryID for all items
Following further looking I decided to check the MAGT logs for the server and found these.

[30001] (05/04 00:06:24.240):{0xCE8} CDOCalendar::Initialize - Code = 800406f9, WCode = 04f9, Code meaning = IDispatch error #1273,
[30002] (05/04 00:06:24.240):{0xCE8} Server = Provoex, Mailbox = /o=GRANTEXCH/ou=Navigation Administration Group/cn=Recipients/cn=USERID Description = The information store could not be opened. [MAPI 1.0 - [MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED(80040111)]]
[30180] (05/04 00:06:24.240):{0xCE8} {USERID} CDOCalendar::Initialize - Error in call m_spCalendarFolder = m_spCDOSession->GetDefaultFolder
[40000] (05/04 00:06:24.240):{0xCE8} CDO initializing failure in CDO helper 05b2a830 (1)
Checked permissions on all the exchange servers stores to be sure our BESAdmin was changed or something. And all seems in order permission wise.

Another thing I noticed....
ProvoEx is our Exchange Server in Provo, Utah.
GrantExch is our Exchange enviroment
Navigation (another site altogether) Administration Group - Doesn't Exist

I checked every exchange server in the enviroment and non have this Group. Not even the Exchange server at that site.

Stumped I was looking at the BES Manager and noticed something odd.
These fields
Mailbox - /o=GRANTEXCH/ou=Navigation Administration Group/cn=Recipients/cn=USERID
Mailbox Server - ProvoEX
Mailbox Agent - 3
Blackberry server is now showing a mailbox OU that doesn't exist. The UserID is correct and the mailbox server is correct. But the OU=Navigation doesn't exist. And this is affecting MANY of the users on the Server.

Decided to check Email addresses in ADUC. I checked a few of the user from our Provo Site and found they all now (or may have always been there) have this listed under X500. Our exchange enviroment probably was upgraded or migrated from 5.5 to 2000. But since I have been here its all been 2003.

Contacted RIM Support...went through several troubleshooting things and spent roughly 2 hours with them and they didn't give me much help. Saying something along the lines of a DNS issue needing resolved before they could do anymore.

On a whim I decided to delete the X500 from 2 users and see if that would resolve it since blackberry wouldn't be able to see them anymore. I came in the next morning and found that the X500 had been regenerated from somewhere, someplace unknown to anybody as to how and why.

So now i'm scouring Experts Exchange and here in hopes to finding some answers.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

American Express Double Panel Check Presenter Restaurant Bill or Servers Book
American Express Double Panel Check Presenter Restaurant Bill or Servers Book pictureAllworx 6x - Critical Spares, Inventory Backup, Laboratory Servers or Individual
Allworx 6x - Critical Spares, Inventory Backup, Laboratory Servers or Individual pictureDatavideo NVS-25 Broadcast Quality H.264 HD Video Streaming Server
Datavideo NVS-25 Broadcast Quality H.264 HD Video Streaming Server pictureServer Book for Waitress Waiter Book Bling Waitstaff Organizer Fit Apron
Server Book for Waitress Waiter Book Bling Waitstaff Organizer Fit Apron pictureServer Condiment Pump CP-1/6 New in Box
Server Condiment Pump CP-1/6 New in Box picture

Copyright 2004-2016
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.