06-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
Join Date: Oct 2007
Carrier: Sprint, Alltel
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Interesting mail delivery problem
Please Login to Remove!
I had a user who was saying that they were not receiving mail on their handheld, so I was running some basic troubleshooting tasks to determine the problem. Here's what I checked:
1. Look in BB Manager for last connect time, pending messages, etc. These were all good. Messages would come into the queue and then be removed out.
2. Sent a <confirm> message to the user. This was returned to me stating it was delivered.
3. Checked for filters. None were applied.
4. Still not believing the user, had one of our offsite techs get the device for us to work on. Test #2 was repeated with the same results. Tech confirmed that no new messages were on the device.
5. Re-activated the user and everything is now working fine.
So, my question is: Why were the messages being reported as delivered and clearing the queue, but not showing on the device?