06-25-2008, 08:15 AM
BBF War Game Mod
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denver CO
PIN: SEEKRIT innit
Post Thanks: 9
Thanked 29 Times in 23 Posts
| | Meh
Please Login to Remove!
Okey dokey. I had a Pearl 8100, and Desktop Manager 4.2. Some time ago, I imported my notes ID file to desktop manager. This (combined with R7 domino-BES&mail and BES4.1.x meant I could read notes encrypted mail on BB).
Today, I got a new 8110.
I had to install Desktop Manager 4.3 to get it to recognise the device.
I tried to read an encrypted message, the password for my notes ID file in Desktop Manager was wrong (which is as it should be, have changed notes pwd many times since importing ID file into Dtop Mgr).
Tried changing password on imported ID file - failed, as I could not recall the old password.
* I went into Options > Notes Settings > Security and clicked DELETE NOTES ID
* Dtop Mgr tells me "Your Notes ID file was successfully removed from your mailfile"
* It also tells me to restart Desktop Manager for settings to take effect - which I do.
* I went back into Desktop Manager > Options > Notes Settings > Security and page tells me I have no Notes ID file in mailfile - so far so good
* I click on "Import Notes ID" and get a box telling me Error: An error occurred when importing your notes ID
* I click OK to clear error
* Security screen still telling me I don't have a Notes ID imported
* Exit from screen, and Dtp Mgr prompts me to restart Desktop Manager in order for new profile settings to take effect
* I went back into Desktop Manager > Options > Notes Settings > Security and page tells me I have a Notes ID imported into my mailfile!!
However, come what may, I cannot read encrypted mail.
Anyone have any ideas? Does this work for anyone with DtpMgr 4.3.x?
Anyone seen these errors before? Anyone know what the heck this process actually does in the background?
Thanks. Did I ever tell you all how lovely you are?
: Groupware Infrastructure Architect, Denver CO If I'm not here, I'm playing World's End on FaceBook. Mob/Mafia Wars are SOO last year