06-30-2008, 10:46 PM
Knows Where the Search Button Is
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Post Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
| | Blackberry Calendar items Not Sync up thru BES to Exchange 2003 SP2
Please Login to Remove!
We have been working an issue for two weeks now with no resolution and wanted to get feedback.
We have a handful of users who when they put an appointment on their Device it does not sync up to Outlook/Exchange. Additionally when these people are invited to a meeting the invitation does not show in the inbox of the Handheld.
We've looked and worked with RIM and here is the basics:
Bes 4.1.4 .16 with 436 Users using MSDE
We have 4 Exchange Back end servers
BES Users on one of the Exchange Servers work perfectly when placing a calendar entry on device.
Others on the other three do not.
Things tried so far:
1. Re-Register the CDO.dll on the BES
2. Check the CDO.DLL version on all Exchange Servers
2b. Recreate the BESADMIN MAPI Profile on BES Server (Del in Registry)
3. Check all Permissions for BESADMIn Service Account in Exchange and AD
4. Look at APP Log and see Errors 20216 - Sync Failed
Looked like Permissions Issue so..
5. Recreated the BESADMIN Service Account and Reset all permissions
6. Sent all logs to RIM - Looks like a CDO.DLL MAPI issue with error 1273
However not all people on all servers are having this issue.
7. Created Test user on Mail server and recreted the issue.
8. Moved test users to working mail server and it works from BB Device.
9. Used BESProfile.exe -m on all Exchange server to see if lookup worked.
It did on Mail2, Not on Mail3 and Not on Mail5 but did on Mail4 where one reported case is.
We have been told it may be a Domain Controller (GC) memory Leak ???
But the Domain Controllers GC's are in sync and we checked replication.
Users are frustrated.
Not sure where to go next for checking to fix the issue or to know the ROOT Cause.
BB says its a Microsoft issue that the Exchange Servers can not do a Lookup of the Mail Server/user account. My issue with that is I have one server which has at least one broken users an it can do the lookup. from the BesProfile.exe