BlackBerry Forums Support Community

BlackBerry Forums Support Community (http://www.blackberryforums.com/)
-   BES Admin Corner (http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-admin-corner/)
-   -   Another Multiple Contacts List Question (http://www.blackberryforums.com/bes-admin-corner/139049-another-multiple-contacts-list-question.html)

grundy 07-08-2008 05:45 PM

Another Multiple Contacts List Question
 
We are running the latest BES with a handful of 8700 and 8800's. Our users have their personal contacts syncing OTA. The users want a database of our 3000 members to be available on their blackberry.

1. I was thinking of just creating a sub folder and moving the members in there. Will subfolders sync wirelessly without desktop manager installed?

2. Is there anyway to keep the member list seperate from their contacts on the blackberry? Looking up a phone number in 3000+ contacts will be difficult.

Any advice is apperciated!

Thanks!

hdawg 07-08-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

We are running the latest BES with a handful of 8700 and 8800's. Our users have their personal contacts syncing OTA. The users want a database of our 3000 members to be available on their blackberry.
You'll want to use a 3rd party product to do something like this.

Quote:

1. I was thinking of just creating a sub folder and moving the members in there. Will subfolders sync wirelessly without desktop manager installed?
Nope, won't sync. You only get the main contacts folder.

Quote:

2. Is there anyway to keep the member list seperate from their contacts on the blackberry? Looking up a phone number in 3000+ contacts will be difficult.
You could use categories and filter by that ...

grundy 07-08-2008 05:51 PM

Any recommendations for third party utilities?

hdawg 07-08-2008 07:02 PM

I've not nothing off hand; I don't use anything for this function. Perhaps search here and also at BlackBerry

nobody7290 07-09-2008 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grundy (Post 1006337)
We are running the latest BES with a handful of 8700 and 8800's. Our users have their personal contacts syncing OTA. The users want a database of our 3000 members to be available on their blackberry.

1. I was thinking of just creating a sub folder and moving the members in there. Will subfolders sync wirelessly without desktop manager installed?

2. Is there anyway to keep the member list seperate from their contacts on the blackberry? Looking up a phone number in 3000+ contacts will be difficult.

Any advice is apperciated!

Thanks!

You could use ldap to look up those addresses in active Directory. No need to use a third party product.
I am also interested in such a thing.
There is software to batch import an adress book into active Directory using VB-Script.
However I did not find a solution which makes it easy for a user to maintain the ldap records.

any ideas ?

hdawg 07-10-2008 06:13 AM

Quote:

You could use ldap to look up those addresses in active Directory. No need to use a third party product.
How?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.12
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.